Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 15-19
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 4h 06m 35s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 09m 25s  min/mile
Comments:

Pushed myself training on just about EVERY run, wanting to break 4hrs. The result was that I was VERY sore after any run over 8 miles or so. Knees were hurting in training, hips were sore during my runs, I was feeling very uncomfortable. Took ice baths after runs over 7 miles, not sure if they helped.
I think my body was exhausted by the time I got to the start line. Right hip was sore from the first mile (have trouble with bursitis in right hip), one knee started hurting at mile 8, other knee started to hurt at mile 13, by mile 18 I was a disaster. I had been with the 4hr pace group, had to let them go at mile 18. Broke down mentally and physically, started feeling nauseous as well. The temp was rising and the sun felt like it was beating on me (I don't like running in warm weather), I was warm yet I had the chills (typically happens to me in warm temps). I wanted to die, I was feeling so awful.

Started a run, walk deal to survive the last 6 miles. Looking back, if I would have stuck to slow running I probably would have broke 4hrs. The miles seemed to take FOREVER. Around mile 25 I saw one of my aunts and I told her "I'm crazy and I'm never doing this again".... I think I lied becuase I'm not settling with 4:06!

Took me a long time to recover from this marathon, I was hurting a lot months later. This is what brought me to the wonderful world of triathlons :)
Post race

Last updated: 2008-01-06 12:00 AM
Running
04:06:35 | 26.2 miles | 09m 25s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: