General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Damaged but not dead!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-01-09 6:43 PM

SANTA MONICA
Subject: Damaged but not dead!!
OK now keep in mind peeps I'm asking but if you're telling me what I don't want to hear it's totally possible I will act like you must be talking to someone else. ;-)

I sprained my ankle a month ago. I can walk (hobble) I cannot run yet. I am doing range of motion circles with my foot, pointing and flexing it and icing/elevating it in the evenings. I just rode my bike for 35 min (on the trainer) this morning and I AM going to do IMKS 70.3!!

What I need are some suggestions on what the heck I can do nurse this along. It FEELS like it's been 4 mos of dealing with this. I have already had to sit out on a half marathon on Dec 2nd, and I have acknowledged that the LA MArathon is out also. I am NOT giving up IM KS 70.3 or my IM (Vineman) in Aug.

Let me know what you got people!!!

2008-01-24 2:17 PM
in reply to: #1146523

User image

Veteran
Golden, CO
Subject: RE: Damaged but not dead!!
Soooo, how goes it?
2008-06-27 6:24 PM
in reply to: #1174462

SANTA MONICA
Subject: RE: Damaged but not dead!!
I've been gone for soooo long! Well it was going great I had started jogging a little by Feb then BAM!! I hit by a car while riding my bike. I broke my talus bone, had surgery and now I am learning to walk again! But dammit i'm goin to be an ironman!! Just not until 2010 maybe.

Thanks for asking about me even though I'm responding so late.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Damaged but not dead!! Rss Feed