runontexas.com
26F / -3C
Sunny
Total Time = 8h 30m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 10/48
Pre-race routine:

It was so stinkin' cold that the only warmup done was to huddle in the building by the start of the race with other cold miserable runners. Drank my old lady vanilla ensure before the start of the run and tried my best to stay positive!
Run
  • 1h 24m 36s
  • 15 kms
  • 05m 38s  min/km
Comments:

This was a pretty good run. I had run Houston Marathon last weekend so my legs were still a little sluggish. I took it easy and didn't worry about time, but just ran to enjoy the day. My face was so cold coming back into the finish as it was right into the wind, that it was stinging and numb. Wow, I could never move up north!!! Anyway, it was a good turnout considering the wind and cold. I started to get pretty tired after mile 8 and my legs were ready to be done. I slowed down then and just pushed on thinking "run to the next tree" and "you can beat that guy running in a polo shirt (WTF???)". I'm still pleased with the result considering that it was only six days ago I ran a marathon. I'm still slow, but I'm slowly getting faster, which is a huge confidence builder for me!!!
What would you do differently?:

Pick a race to run when it isn't windy and 26 degrees? :) Drink more water during the run. It was hard to make myself drink since the water was literally ice cold and just burned my throat going down.
Post race
Warm down:

Got to my car as fast as I could to try to warm up with the heater!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The weather and recovering from the marathon.

Event comments:

Good race and great volunteers standing around outside looking out for the runners. That's always motivating to see!

Last updated: 2008-01-19 12:00 AM
Running
01:24:36 | 15 kms | 05m 38s  min/km
Age Group: 10/48
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Loop around White Rock lake.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]