General Discussion Race Reports! » NYRR Half-Marathon Grand Prix: Manhattan Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

NYRR Half-Marathon Grand Prix: Manhattan - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
New York, New York
United States
New York Road Runners
32F / 0C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 59m 23s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

got up early enough .. since this race was only 6 blocks or so from my home.. had some oatmeal with peanut butter.. hydrated with sports drink and had a powerbar.. made some coffee for my wife.. and drank more sports drink..
Event warmup:

jogged lightly to the "start" area .. stretched a bit .. my calf has been bothering me for the last 3 months and felt like I blew it out again on friday .. some intense yoga and stretching got it working fine
Run
  • 00m
  • 13.1 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

maybe if i train more for the 1/2 mary distance it might be easier in the future
Post race
Warm down:

felt like I went into shock when i finished.. but a few minutes of breathing with light moving.. more than a few gatorades .. and i was good to go again..

What limited your ability to perform faster:

not really used to the 1/2 mary distance.. will do sprint and oly distance.. never really tried HIM

Last updated: 2008-01-27 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 13.1 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: the course is/was 2 full circles of Central Park, NYC. including Harlem Hill - twice ! .. felt good and strong through the first 9 miles.. then I started to run out of gas.. I kinda only train for Oly tri's so going for the extra miles kinda damn near killed me I thought.. my calf started barking and I thought I might have to drop out at mile 11.. but pushed through for a sub 2
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-01-27 12:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Westchester, NY
Subject: NYRR Half-Marathon Grand Prix: Manhattan

2008-01-27 1:37 PM
in reply to: #1178355

User image

Pro
Wisconsin near the Twin Cities metro
Subject: RE: NYRR Half-Marathon Grand Prix: Manhattan

Nice job!  Those NYRR series of races must be fun to have access to throughout the year.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » NYRR Half-Marathon Grand Prix: Manhattan Rss Feed