General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin cadence sensor Question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-02-02 6:29 PM

User image

Regular
Long Island
Subject: Garmin cadence sensor Question
I just installed the cadence sensor with my Forerunner 305. I ran the setup and have been able to get the Cadance to work fine. However I have tried everything and cannot get the speed sensor to work with the rear spoke magnet. I have positioned it within 5 mm and still can't get it to work. I ahve also tried both the auto and Custom Wheel size, thinking that might do it. I have tried to push the reset button and still cannot get a green showing it's reading the sensor. THe speed does work with the GPS when I am outside but I was hoping to use it on a trainer tomorrow. PLease any suggestions. I just bought a new Cervelo Soloist hoping to start off on the right foot.

ALso how big is a 700 wheel in mm?

Thank you,

Hinch45

2008-02-03 7:52 AM
in reply to: #1191399

User image

Expert
Frisco TX (DFW area)
Subject: RE: Garmin cadence sensor Question

Hinch45 - 2008-02-02 6:29 PM I just installed the cadence sensor with my Forerunner 305. I ran the setup and have been able to get the Cadance to work fine. However I have tried everything and cannot get the speed sensor to work with the rear spoke magnet. I have positioned it within 5 mm and still can't get it to work. I ahve also tried both the auto and Custom Wheel size, thinking that might do it. I have tried to push the reset button and still cannot get a green showing it's reading the sensor. THe speed does work with the GPS when I am outside but I was hoping to use it on a trainer tomorrow. PLease any suggestions. I just bought a new Cervelo Soloist hoping to start off on the right foot. ALso how big is a 700 wheel in mm? Thank you, Hinch45

700mm - 27.55 inch

The speed sensor on the unit can move - we had to adjust the speed sensor up and closer to the magnet - we released the bolt and moved it up or swung it up to the seat - then tighten down - I would say we a 2mm away. 

2008-02-03 4:09 PM
in reply to: #1191399

User image

Veteran
Pennsylvania

I am having a lot of problems with my sensor as well.  It worked great the first few rides (and I've been using it solely on a trainer, as during the summer while I'm outside the GPS does fine with the distance), but now it's not working at all.  It will flash green when I reset it, but it's just not tracking speed.

Would changing the battery help with this?

2009-07-14 9:48 AM
in reply to: #1192297

User image

Regular
Little Rock, AR
I know this is an older thread, but I had the same issue.  I ended up putting another small high powered rare earth magnet on top of the other magnet and it seems to work just fine now.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin cadence sensor Question Rss Feed