Overall Rank = 206/551
Age Group = M 40-44
Age Group Rank = 24/43
Run
  • 52m 23s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 26s  min/mile
Comments:

I know last years 47:23 was going to be close to impossible to match. Ended up with a (gun time of) 52:23. I figured I'd be between 49 and 52 so a bit slower then I had wanted but probably what I should have expected.
Post race
Warm down:

After the race, I made my way over to the starting line of the 5K where the rest of the family and friends were waiting to race. I told my girls I would run with them as they've done a 5K before but had to stay with their mom who walks most of the race and they wanted to actually run. Not really knowing if they girls were at an equal level, Sherri offered to run with Breanna (10 yeards old) and I was to run with Ashley (7 years old). We started out and I was kind of stiff after standing around after the 10K and I wanted to build into the 5K for both myself and for Ashley. Within a minute, Sherri and Breanna were out of sight. We got up to pace pretty quick and about 1/2 mile in, we caught up to and passed Sherri and Breanna with Breanna joining us. I was really amazed at the pace they were able to go. Everytime I looked at the Garmin, it was around 11:20 pace. Breanna seemed to push the pace with Ashley just quietly grinding it out and it ended up being Breanna who wore down 1st and needed to walk. We really didn't walk much, maybe 3X 10 to 15 second walk breaks. I really let them pick the pace and didn't push them until the last 1/4 mile. They were both wearing down and I didn't want to see them lose too much time so close to the finish. They both finished with a gun time of 37:58 and I couldn't be prouder. Their actual start to finish time had to be closer to 35 minutes because I think it took us over 2 minutes to reach the starting line after the gun went off.

Last updated: 2007-11-05 12:00 AM
Running
00:52:23 | 06.21 miles | 08m 26s  min/mile
Age Group: 24/43
Overall: 206/551
Performance: Average
Course: Pretty flat with only 2 small hills going up and over the freeway.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes