General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New and Injured while training Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-02-06 8:34 PM

User image

New user

Subject: New and Injured while training
Hi there,

Just want to introduce myself. My name is Dave, and I live just south of Tucson, AZ. I lost a ton of weight last year, and was looking for a way to stay motivated with my exercise, as well as maintian a more active lifestyle. Then I decided that I would start training for my first triathlon. I started officially training last Thanksgiving. I was enjoying myself so much that I got my first road bike (used) for Christmas. About a month ago I left for an early morning ride, and my front tire hit a little bit of ice and I fell on my left side; breaking my left hip. A few hours later I was in surgery, and had a permanent plate screwed in to hold my hip together. I've been down now for a month, and should be released by my doctor for full training in about 2 months. I still have to wait at least another couple weeks before I'll be able to put any weight on my left leg, and am optimistic that I'll be released for some training before then. Probably be home from work for at least another 4-6 weeks.

NO fun, but I'm going to make it to that first Sprint Tri!

--Dave

2008-02-06 11:33 PM
in reply to: #1198315

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2008-02-07 6:12 AM

New user

Bristol
Subject: RE: New and Injured while training
Wow man thats is incredible bad luck, but hey there is some great motivation too. Hopefully there will be better luck from now on, keep going, I can only imagine how sweet it will be when you finish that first tri!
2008-02-07 7:47 AM

Expert
Spring (Houston), TX

How cool! You get to spend even MORE time on BT!!

Sorry for the bad luck. Welcome to the lifestyle and way to go for losing the weight! 

2008-02-07 7:48 AM
in reply to: #1198532

Veteran
Epsom, Surrey, UK
OMG, what bad luck! You'll find loads of inspiration in here. Welcome to the forums
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New and Injured while training Rss Feed