Dallas, Texas
United States
Mellew Productions
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

In prep for Lonestar I decided to ride the trainer for an hour before we left the house to try and get a feel for 13.1 after some biking. Had toast with Peanut butter and honey, ensure, water and some gatorade. Rode down to White Rock with J, JJ and Alicia. Murphy's left the EOL without us to scope out donut shops rather than following each other. Whatever Murphys!
Event warmup:

Pin bib to shirt and try not to twist ankle walking down the hill to the start. Also scoped out some BTers who I have lurked on.
Run
  • 2h 18m 8s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 10m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

Ran with JJ and got a good Zone 1 long run done. Not much to report for me on this run as it went as expected. It was a different experience to run with someone for a Half and it was a great experience to do it with JJ and robtob who joined us at mi 8. I knew how I felt during my first Half after mile 10 so I started chatting her up at that point and found out that her cardio was good but her body was in some pain. I explained that everyone was in pain and it was either fight thru it or wish that you fought thru it later on when you think back on it. She responded and did an unbelievable job considering her previous long run was 9 miles - 1 time, a week ago with a huge pit stop. I seriously got more enjoyment out of watching her finish (in a sprint to the line) than I got finishing my own first Half. This was really a lot of fun.
What would you do differently?:

remind Jen to zip up her Gu case as we had to stop and go backwards (in a race!) to look for her stuff when she went to fuel and realized everything had flown out since the last time she forgot to zip it back up. It was a funny moment and can definitely allow her to beat her time in her next Half Mary!
Also, Get robtod to program her Garmin prior to the race so her HR alerts won't go off every 3 seconds! Sorry we blew your pace robtod! Hope you're not in trouble with the coach.
Post race
Warm down:

Hug JJ and continue to be astounded at her effort. She blew me away with her resolve.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

nothing, perfect day

Event comments:

small race but a good course and good support

Last updated: 2008-02-10 12:00 AM
Running
02:18:08 | 13.1 miles | 10m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Garmin was bonked out so no data for this race
Course: Around White Rock and into some neighborhoods. I liked the course better than DRC Half.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2008-02-10 8:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: The Texas Half

2008-02-11 9:54 AM
in reply to: #1204164

User image

Extreme Veteran
Frisco, Texas
Subject: RE: The Texas Half

you're awesome! thanks again for EVERYTHING. you made it the best run ever for me. you're the best!!!

lala you!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » The Texas Half Rss Feed