LOCO Sports
30F / -1C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 24m 56s
Overall Rank = 17/829
Age Group = M35-39
Age Group Rank = 4/73
Pre-race routine:

Actually got to the race in plenty of time - unusual for me :-) Maybe that was my downfall. Just didn't have "it" today. Started out at a pace that should have been sustainable, but just fell off it, and really suffered the last few miles. I'm usually in the hunt to pass, or am passing in the last few miles of a race. Yesterday, I got passed, and just didn't care. My legs just would go any quicker, and my heart just wasn't in it.
Post race party was pretty cool at the Ashworth. I'm 99% sure we were in the same room where I had my high school prom! Anytime a tap is flowing with free Harpoon, I'm pretty happy. Hung out with Brian from the club, and saw Dick and Kathy.
Sadly, just saw on the website that a runnner died during the race. I had heard there was an ambulance on the course, but didn't know how serious it was. It doesn't always matter that you live a healthy lifestyle - in terms of regular exercise - you never know when you're number is up. All we can do is try and improve our odds.

"An update for many of you asking about the runner needing medical attention. Sadly, one of our friends passed away during the race. Bill Paradis, a local runner and member of the Rochester Runners, passed away at 1:55pm. He will be missed and our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

According to Don Yeaton from he Rochester Runners; Bill had been a member of Rochester Runner's Club for about 8 or 9 years.

Bill became a club V.P. for several years and was a great inspiration to new runners. Bill has a cycling background as well and soon was finding and fixing up bikes for many of us in the club. Often he just gave them to us FREE so that we could add this great cross training exercise to our training program. Please pray for his wife Kathy, his daughter Shana, his son Wayne and his wife, and 2 grandkids."

Run
  • 1h 24m 56s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 06m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

Actually opretty warm (relatively) at the start with some sun, and little wind. The wind picked up, and finished in flurries, and wind.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Too many drinks Saturday night?

Event comments:

Excellent Race! Well organized, and smooth execution. Highly recommended!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2008-02-01 12:00 AM
Running
01:24:56 | 13.1 miles | 06m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/73
Overall: 0/829
Performance: Average
Course: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F%2Ftrail.motionbased.com%2Ftrail%2Fkml%2Fepisode.kml%3FepisodePkValues%3D4952771&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=0 Really nice course through North Hampton and Hampton Beach
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2008-02-11 11:06 AM

User image

Expert
Manchester, NH
Subject: Half at the Hamptons

2008-02-12 7:21 AM
in reply to: #1205060

User image

Pro
MA
Subject: RE: Half at the Hamptons

.  A runner died?  Really sucks. 

On the other hand, great pace for 6:30/mile, while you didn't have "it". 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Half at the Hamptons Rss Feed