General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Getting to know people in Kansas City Area Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-02-13 10:34 AM

User image

Expert
work, road, bike, pool
Subject: Getting to know people in Kansas City Area
24 (will compete 25 Clidesdale) Male - born and raised in Kansas city. Spent college years in kansas, arkansas, minisota, illinois, and ohio. I played college baseball and a little simi pro. once i got done i just worked out for about a year and decided i missed the competition. So started training for my first triathlon....

I finished 3 sprints last year and am looking forward to having a great time training and competing this summer. Getting ready to Join KCMULTISPORT and joined USTA

5-4 Big "o" Sprint
5-18 Bike Source Sprint
6-14 Topeka tinman (Voulenteer Possiably)
6-15 Kansas 70.3 (Voulenteer Possiably)
6-22 HiVee Olympic
7-13 SMPark Long Cource
7-20 MidWest Mayham (voulenteer Possiably)
8-24 Jackson County Long Cource
9-14 Cats Sprint (conway, AR) ???? - would like to do one in Texas in late september
Cidermill Centry ride ???
10-18 KC Half Marathon

2008-02-16 8:04 PM
in reply to: #1209389

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Getting to know people in Kansas City Area
Just turned 40 on Wednesday. Born and raised in Washington State. Lived in Dallas, Detroit and been in KC for almost 10 years now.

First 2 tris last year, plan on doing 3 or 4 this summer. Toying with the idea of trying to work up to Redman HIM in September. You can leave me in the dust at SMP. I'll be doing Jackson County too, but plan on doing the short course as that was my first tri and want to do the same course to compare my times.
2008-02-20 4:43 PM

User image

Can speak on the CATS Sprint Tri in Conway. Have competed the last two years and its a great race. Fast bike with a few rolling hills and very flat run course. Great event.
2008-03-10 7:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Kansas City (Roeland Park)
The state says I'm 27, USAT says I'm 28. My wife says I'm male. Born in Oxnard, CA and raised in Sacramento. Moved to the KC area almost 10 years ago now. I played ultimate frisbee all through college but don't have enough time to keep up with the college kids' workout schedules anymore. As with most of the stupid things I do, I got into tris because of Kyle. And once again, it was suggested at a bar. Hey, you know what we should do?

I ran the Jackson County sprint and the Octomax at Innsbrook last year. Joined USAT last year and need to join KCMultisport.

2008:
Groundhog 5k - 24m 09s
Brew to Brew
Big O sprint
Topeka Tinman
Shawnee Mission Tri
Chicago Accenture olympic length tri
Midwest Meltdown
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Getting to know people in Kansas City Area Rss Feed