General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ISM Adamo Position Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-02-21 9:00 AM

Subject: ISM Adamo Position
I just purchase a ISM Adamo Racing saddle. When you install it, should the seat be positioned as far forward as possible as well as lshould I lower the compared to my old seat since it is slightly a litlle bit higher compared to my older seat? Also should the nose be slightly angle downward just as other seats?

2008-02-21 9:22 AM
in reply to: #1225611

User image

Elite
Armpit of Ontario
Subject: RE: ISM Adamo Position

Depends.

You should be in the same position on the bike on the Adamo as you were with your old saddle; your angles and measurements should remain the same, and you adjust the Adamo to fit you into this geometry. Now, as a generalization, the tip of the Adamo should be back a little further than the actual nose tip was on a regular road saddle, because in essence, the Adamo has no "nose" and you want to maintain the virtual seat angle. The Adamo does sit higher, so yes, lower your seat post to bring the top of the Adamo down to where you were at before (of course, taking for granted you were comfortable before)

Many users do tip the front of the saddle down a few degrees, but not everyone does - it's a preference. The Adamo definitely takes some tweaking to find the sweet spot. Best advice is to take your wrench with you on a ride so you can stop and make minute adjustments - key word. Don't make more than one adjustment at a time so you know what's working and what's not.

2008-02-21 9:24 AM

User image

Tulsa, Oklahoma
I can send you some information on the seat if you want....just shoot me your email address...

Also, check here

http://www.blackwellresearch.com/pdf/adamo_setup.pdf

You will probably have to adjust your seat height slightly. I did....I was using the Airone and when I swiatched to the Adamo had to lower my seat just a bit.

Renee
2008-02-21 9:32 AM

User image

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Just as an FYI.....read number 3 of the above link I posted carefully....it is really important. This seat will feel different at first and you will feel more pressure in the sit bones (it seems to take people about 5 or so rides before they start to get a good feel for the saddle - imo). Angling the saddle slightly forward and making sure you are not sitting way on the back of the saddle will help. This saddle is extremely comfortable for sitting in the aero position so make sure you test your saddle for both aero (if you have aero bars) and an upright position.

Renee
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ISM Adamo Position Rss Feed