United States
The Cowtown
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 20m 14s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

woke up a little early - not on purpose! :)
put on kona '07 for some motivation-really because i didn't want to fall back asleep and there was nothing else on, so why not, right?!?
kept rewinding the part that said "by this time, everybody hurts..." to remind myself that even though the run is not my favorite thing in the world, i need to fight through even when it hurts. :)
2 slices peanut butter toast.
p/u dana for our trek west to ft. worth.
no morning coffee, not enough time, settled for water..

Event warmup:

sit in car to keep warm.
shiver until gun went off.
Run
  • 2h 20m 14s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 10m 42s  min/mile
Comments:

so this was a fun run today. yep, i said it, fun run! i don't love to run, so for me to say it was fun is HUGE. here's why...
2 weeks ago i did my first 1/2 mary. todd, my wonderful brother, ran very slow to pace me and he totally got me through it. i had a great first 1/2 mary and it was all thanks to his motivation, positivity and just generally being there to run with me.
today, i got to be "todd" to someone else. a friend of mine, dana, ran her first 1/2 mary today. i ran with her and was her motivation, positive person and friend to be there to run with her. i loved my role today. it was greatness to be on the other side. loads of fun. i actually, dare i say, enjoyed the whole event...including the run!! :) i'm embracing.
2 weeks ago, i pooped out at mile 10 and would've been happy to be done at that point. today, i was great at mile 10 and could've gone further than the 13.1. not so sure how much further, but i could've kept going.
oh, saw heather mahan too. she passed us at the split where marathoners/ultra's went right and the 1/2 peeps stayed left. that was fun to see her!
loved my HR on this run. averaged at 169. that's HUGE for me. probably the reason i felt like i could run further than the 13.1.
What would you do differently?:

not a thing. i loved running with dana and keeping her motivated through the race. she did awesome and i loved experiencing it with her.
Post race
Warm down:

bolted. had to be back in frisco and showered by noon for a 1pm engagement.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

nothing. i'm building the base! :) ran with dana the whole time which was my plan for this race. probably could've gone faster, as proven by the first 1/2 mary two weeks ago, but that wasn't the plan. plan was to stay with dana like todd stayed with me.

Event comments:

very well organized race. loved that there were a ton of people racing. volunteers were great and well placed. drink stations were plentiful. loved it. want to do it again next year!

Last updated: 2008-02-04 12:00 AM
Running
02:20:14 | 13.1 miles | 10m 42s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2008-02-24 10:16 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Frisco, Texas
Subject: The Cowtown - Half Marathon

2008-02-24 12:19 PM
in reply to: #1231925

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: The Cowtown - Half Marathon
From newb to veteran pacer in 2 short weeks. Next it will be "You can learn alot about yourself on the big island of Hawaii..." Way to go JJ. Very impressive
2008-02-27 2:29 AM

User image

Plano, Tx

Way to pace a friend!

Awesome run

2008-02-29 12:07 PM

User image

Expert
Longview, TX
Well done.  Love the motivation the morning of!  Congrats.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » The Cowtown - Half Marathon Rss Feed