General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike shorts or tri shorts for an IM Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2008-03-06 6:24 AM
in reply to: #1237893

User image

Extreme Veteran
Russiaville, IN
Subject: RE: Bike shorts or tri shorts for an IM
Has anyone ever worn bike shorts over-top tri shorts on the bike, and taken the bike shorts off in T2?
-----
I put bike shorts over my tri suit at IMFL last year and it worked great. I put a pair of bike shorts in my bike special needs bag, that way my tri suit would be dry by then, I stopped for about a 1 min. slipped them over the tri suit and I felt like a new man my rear was just starting to feel some discomfort, it worked great. I did practiced riding a month or two before to make sure they would cause any problems. I had GI issues during the run and the tri suit was not a issue taking on and off, at least for me.

Ron

2008-03-11 4:16 PM
in reply to: #1237893

User image

Master
Atlanta, Ga
Subject: RE: Bike shorts or tri shorts for an IM
At Moo last year, I bought the tri top and shorts they were selling at the expo.. The official IM Wisconsin one. Anyway, the padding in those shorts is a little bit thicker than any other tri shorts I have owned. So, it worked well. No diaper effect or anything like that. Just enough to make a positive difference. Personally, I would never wear bike shorts or a bike jersey at an Ironman. Tri outfits all the way. It's a triathlon, it's best to treat it like one.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike shorts or tri shorts for an IM Rss Feed  

of 2