The Chattahoochee Road Runner Club
40F / 4C
Overcast
Total Time = 43m 22s
Overall Rank = 216/1621
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 48/177
Pre-race routine:

Drank 2 cups of coffee and took CarbPro. Dressed warm for the weather and drove to race site.
Event warmup:

Arrived an hour before race. I took my time getting ready. Spent the last 30 minutes doing stationary stretching and slow jog around the parking lot of Target and the starting line area.
Run
  • 43m 22s
  • 10 kms
  • 04m 20s  min/km
Comments:

A new PR. I guess my training, with the help of my coach, helped. I really thought I could fair better if I was not recovering from the flu the week prior to the race. I should be happy with the result and move forward! I ran full force the first mile and tapered into steady run from mile 2 to 4, then sprint to the finish -- I just allow the downhill guide my pace. I saw my coach as I was approaching the last 30 meters and he shouted encoragement to finish strong. I tried -- sprinted 20 meters and decided to slow down because I have achieved my goal and besides I thought I was going to cough out my lungs if I continue the high pace.
What would you do differently?:

Try not to get sick the week prior to the race. Prep mental picture better. Go all out.
Post race
Warm down:

stretched and took an overdued party break ...... hydrate..hydrate..hydrate.............

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Missing a week of training did not help.

Event comments:

Always a fun race but always COLD. Fast course -- the feeling of cruising downhill is always exhilirating!

According to my Garmin Forerunner 305 -- my time clocked at 43:01/6:55 mile pace. I like this time better. But I will settle for the official time... I guess.

Cheers

Last updated: 2008-03-02 12:00 AM
Running
00:43:22 | 10 kms | 04m 20s  min/km
Age Group: 48/177
Overall: 216/1621
Performance: Good
Course: Road race. First 3 miles -- slight incline. Mile 3 is the hill section. Mile 4 to finish is a mad dash downhill to the finishing line.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes