General Discussion Race Reports! » Life Time Fitness Indoor Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Life Time Fitness Indoor Triathlon - TriathlonWinter

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Centreville, Virginia
United States
Life Time Fitness
Total Time = 1h 00m
Overall Rank = 75/76
Age Group = Women's Open
Age Group Rank = 23/24
Pre-race routine:

Had my usually odd meal of some lean pork and some brown rice.
Event warmup:

Swam a little in the pool.
Swim
  • 10m
  • 225 meters
  • 04m 26s / 100 meters
Comments:

Took it out nice and easy. We shared lanes, so I swam on 1/2 next to a guy who was really good. I got caught in his flip turn wake a few times which messed up my breathing, but it ended up being okay.
What would you do differently?:

I have never done any race that included a swim portion, so I am happy with my result and for this race, there is nothing to change. The only thing that could have made it go smoother was if I did flip turns, but that's just something I don't know how to do yet. Oh wait..I would have checked in earlier to get the lime green swim cap instead of the blue one :)
Transition 1
  • 10m
Comments:

Everyone got 10 minutes. Changed out of suit into real clothing.

I should have brought my running shoes with me to the bike studio, this would have made T3 pretty much non existent.
Bike
  • 30m
  • 9.2 miles
  • 18.40 mile/hr
Comments:

For one - clipped RIGHT in. Sweet. Just did a good hard ride, tried to keep my HR around 170 - didn't want to burn out before the run. Drank lots of water and stood up twice to relieve the buns. The studio music was LOUD. Way too loud and it gave me a headache. But I went pretty fast.

I think I could have gone harder and still been able to run. I also wish I had brought something to eat on the bike, I think part of the headache was that I didn't eat enough for breakfast and it was starting to catch up with me. If I had something to eat on the bike, I might have felt better.
Transition 2
  • 05m
Comments:

Everyone got 5 minutes

Brought running shoes with me to spin studio so I didn't have to run to the locker room for them. Also have some food to eat.
Run
  • 20m
  • 1.44 miles
  • 13m 53s  min/mile
Comments:

I think my run went great. The downfall was that she never actually said go. She said turn the treadmills on and start slow and work up to speed. Then like 2 minutes later, she said, okay when you get to 20 minutes, shut it down. Pretty much all of us were kind of walk/jogging at this point because we thought it was still during the transition time. That kind of sucked b/c I know I could have gone farther had I run the whole 20 minutes. I did slow down twice to walk to catch my breath, but overall, I ran most of the time. It was still pretty fast and I think I did a good job.

Start running when she said turn the treadmill on instead of walking.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around the gym and down to the food table. Had 1/2 a banana and 1/2 an orange and a fiber one bar. Felt a LOT better.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing really. My first race, so it was a lot of learning. I know that before my sprint, I need to figure out the nutrition thing. I have noticed that I sometimes get headaches when I work out and it didn't hit me until this race that it might be due to nutrition and the fact that I may not be eating enough pre-training. I burned almost 1200 calories during this race, which is insane. I definitely need to eat more before my outdoor sprint and plan on having some kind of food/supplement during the race. My outdoor sprint is going to be approximately 2x this one in terms of distances, so I really need to figure that part out so I'm not feeling bad 1/2 way through. Training wise, I am happy with my times. I'm really proud that I swam the entire 10 minutes w/o stopping and that I survived the tri!

Event comments:

I liked this tri. Very organized and waves started on time. There was only one drink station, but it was located down stairs from the bike and run, so kind of inconvenient for the athletes. Tons of volunteers in lime green shirts so easy to find. The one negative about the set up is that they let us go all over the locker room and this made it hard to hear her when she yelled out times in T1. I would, scratch that, will do this one again!

Last updated: 2008-02-11 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:00 | 225 meters | 04m 26s / 100meters
Age Group: 24/24
Overall: 24/76
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 10:00
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:30:00 | 9.2 miles | 18.40 mile/hr
Age Group: 20/24
Overall: 70/76
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 05:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:20:00 | 01.44 miles | 13m 53s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/24
Overall: 0/76
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-03-05 9:23 AM

User image

Expert
Virginia
Subject: Life Time Fitness Indoor Triathlon

2008-03-06 3:20 PM
in reply to: #1253638

User image

Master
Chicago
Subject: RE: Life Time Fitness Indoor Triathlon
Way to go Kimmie, you did it girl! I'm so proud of you. And swimming 10 min w/o stoppin' you rock girl. Yes you definitely are learnng the hard way that you have to eat! Otherwise you won't have your optimal performance. But alas this is the first of many so don't sweat it. You did good and now you can concentrate on the sprint. Good Job. You rock!
2008-03-06 5:31 PM

User image

Expert
Michiana
Awesome job.  It sounds like you learned a lot and most importantly had fun!
2008-03-06 5:49 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
Awesome Kim, you finished well...learned some valuable lessons and had a good time.  Congratulations on finishing your first tri!
2008-03-07 12:35 AM

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Sounds like fun and a good learning experience Laughing
2008-03-07 11:06 AM

Regular
Noblesville, Indiana
WOW!!! Great progress just in the last couple of months or so!!!!! How do you think the X-fit workouts have helped you?  Great Job!!!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Life Time Fitness Indoor Triathlon Rss Feed