General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Whens reg for Westchester Toughman start? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2008-06-26 8:16 AM
in reply to: #1490130

User image

Expert
Westchester, NY
Subject: RE: Whens reg for Westchester Toughman start?

rollinbones - 2008-06-25 4:54 PM They are not the same RD's. Sorry if you got that impression from me.

No, not from you at all, but it does not change my opinion on how counter productive it is to hold them on the same day.  I wonder if this is some sort of "pi$$ing match" between the two organizers.  No idea.  Regardless, IMO the local triathlete and community ends up being the losers due to the events being on the same day.

2008-06-26 9:36 AM
in reply to: #1254267

New user

This is a thread from the Westchester Tri club posted by the race organizer last week saying the race was on.  Apparently, Rye did not approve the race, hence the change of location and date??

https://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/westchestertriclub/vpost?id=2784878&pid=26994263#post26994263

2008-06-26 1:15 PM

New user

Received this email from Richard, the race organizer.... 
Matt,
The race is scheduled for sept 21st at croton point park. you can register at www.Westchestertoughman.com
see you there. Please post to wherever you saw it not listed that we are definately ON!
Richard Izzo Race organizer
2008-07-10 12:48 PM

First off, let me thank all of you for the buzz and comments concerning our new race. Below is our press release that I hope you have seen before.
I am sorry for the quick change in event venues. We are doing our best to get the website updated as quickly as possible and should have everything done by the end of next week. The date was unavoidable this yr and next year will be diff.
Most importantly the event is a GO!, and I am hoping to see anyone who wants to do a 1/2 out there on race day. This is the only 1/2 in Westchester and only 30min from NYC, NJ,and LI. And the course is beautiful.
As I was the chairman of a local very popular triathlon for years I know we will have a very good event.
Our team includes many of the same people that were part of my committee in the past and some very capable hands that most will recognize.
We have Chosen The Boomer Esiason Foundation as our main charity to donate funds to. Team Boomer, the endurance team will be racing Toughman and raising funds for Cystic Fibrosis.
Very shortly you will be hearing Boomer's radio show on WFAN talk about our event.

For more info on Team Boomer go to [email protected]

I am also pleased to announce the addition of ForeScout Technologies as our purse sponsor, Gatorade endurance as our drink sponsor and True Motion as our age group apparel sponsor. There are many more sponsor announcements to come and the goody bag should have some really great things.

As a triathlete racer for the last 20yrs, and having been a part of putting on a major triathlon for 12yrs, I am looking forward to this event being a premier event in the future.

Much Much More to come.......... 

I am pleased to announce the Inaugural WESTCHESTER TOUGHMAN 1/2IM which will take place on Sept 21st at Croton Point Park.
The race course features a beautiful one loop 1.2m swim in a protected cove of the Hudson river , a scenic 56m loop through upper Westchester, and a rolling 13.1m run around Croton Point Park with a scenic out/back section around Croton on Hudson.
Registration will open up on weds 6/18/08 and be limited to 500 participants. Awards to include a sizable race purse to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, overall men and women.
Relays are welcome.
For more information and to register go to  www.WESTCHESTERTOUGHMAN.com

2008-07-10 1:05 PM
in reply to: #1520654

User image

Elite
New City, New York

Hey Richard,

Welcome to BT. I'm a patient of Dr Bochner and he's told me about your race. I'm from Rockland and am thrilled to have local race extend the season beyond labor day.  I can't commit just yet as I'm competing in IMUSA and not sure what September will hold. If i can't compete, I may well just volunteer to lend you hand.

Good luck and thanks for bringing a HIM to the area!

mark 

2008-07-10 2:53 PM

Mark,

See you up there. 17 of us from Westchester tri club will be doing it as well. Dr. B will be there as well.

It should be lots of fun. Good Luck in the race! And hopefully I see you at Toughman!

2008-07-15 6:34 PM

I am pleased to welcome Hammer Nutrition, Zootsports.com, and Gatorade as official sponsors of The Toughman Half Iron distance

We have also chosen Team Boomer, the endurance program for The Boomer Esiason Foundation to fight Cystic Fibrosis as our main charity.

Please call the Tarrytown Marriot, the official hotel of The Westchester Toughman for special rates for racers! 914-631-1122

more good news to follow!

www.WestchesterToughman.com

www.Esiason.org

2008-08-12 8:50 AM
in reply to: #1532111

User image

Elite
New City, New York

Interesting article about putting the Toughman together.

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080812/SPORTS05/808120346/-1/SPORTS

I wish I cud do this race. It just doesn't fit my schedule. I'm hoping to volunteer though.

2008-08-12 11:52 AM

User image

Mark, let me know if you planning on coming out to Montauk in October.  In a single word, Montauk is magical.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Whens reg for Westchester Toughman start? Rss Feed  

of 2