General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Which wheelset to buy Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-03-06 8:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Millersville, MD
Subject: Which wheelset to buy
I am thinking about getting a new wheelset. I'm not sure there's anything wrong with the Velocity wheels that are on the bike, but I think I would ride more if I got a new toy. I like the idea of a trispoke front and a disc cover in the back. Nobody says anything bad about those. But, I have no illusions of winning any events, so I was thinking I might get a little more use out of a new wheelset of "regular wheels". I like the Neuvations R28SL3 with the ceramic bearings. I want to ride whatever I get for training and racing. Any thoughts?

2008-03-07 8:31 AM
in reply to: #1257680

User image

Expert
Lansdale, PA.
Subject: RE: Which wheelset to buy
A buddy of mine has the Tubular/carbon Neuvation 50's and loves them. Cannot beat their prices. i am thinking of getting them too.
2008-03-07 8:57 AM

User image

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Subject: RE: Which wheelset to buy
I like the HED wheels - and their prices are reasonable for the level of wheel. Great for racing and training. You can ride the 3-spokes all the time - although they may not be completely ideal for all situations - I know quite a few people who ride only on them. I wouldn't put a disc in the rear and have that as your only rear wheel. You could do Jet 60's or a 60 in front and a 90 in rear. They have a new version just out that is suppose to give you more of a feel of a tubular but it is a clinche..same price.
2008-03-07 8:59 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Which wheelset to buy Rss Feed