Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2008-04-19 8:48 AM
in reply to: #1258480

User image

Master
Saskatchewan
Subject: RE: No Love for QR?

The Kilo was my first road bike five years ago. Bought it used and it had drops. Fit me well and took good care of me in those first seasons.

I do think it depends on geography. I have yet to see a QR, or another Felt for that matter, here in Western Canada on a race course or in a shop.

2008-04-19 9:52 AM

Mixie - the carbon bike has the same seat tube height, but a longer top tube length.  Anyway, there are a few new bikes out there in the smaller sizes lately (Planet X makes one, as does Giant).  I think a few more seasons and they will be catching on!

Funny thing is that the average height for a woman in Japan is 5'0", so I wonder what they're riding over there?  Quintana Roo's perhaps? 

2008-04-19 2:19 PM
in reply to: #1346310

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
mixie - 2008-04-18 12:09 AM
sue7013 - 2008-04-17 8:19 PM

I actually have the opposite problem but I bet the XS will fit you. Also look at their new womens specific design because in general I have been told they are made for shorter torsos.

Are you sure about that? I spoke with the QR rep at IM Cal Expo a few weeks ago. I am not even '5 tall so I of course am very interested in QR bikes. They had an XS Kilo on display and a Dulce (the WSD not sure what size) I asked him if there was any difference in the geometries of the bikes and what made it WSD. He said "the saddle and the paint job" I  do not like the girlie paint on the Dulce.  They also make the Tequllio in an XS and there apparently is a Chiquillo version that is pink. I didn't ask if that one is any different as I would die before ride a pink bike. (sorry)

Anyway, that said, the XS bike is TINY, I mean it's really freakin' small! If I wasn't wearing a sun dress that day I would have test ridden it and never come back. I thought maybe I'd see cute tri boys at the expo, I wasn't expecting teeny tiny bikes. Stupid me As it was I wanted to run off with it, it was so cute I just about hugged it. The dude probably figured out Im crazy thought I was nuts. However I am lucky that there is a QR dealer about an hour away and my LBS that I a regular at can special order it for me, they don't stock them

Suzanne, If you currently ride a Felt maybe try a B2 or B12? I had a tri shop tell me Felts are great for small people. Plus they're sweet looking bikes, well you know you have one. I <3 Slipstream and would totally wear a Slipstream kit on a Felt bike if I got one, I don't care if I look like a poser. I will probably end up with either a B12 or a Tequillo.  I don't care if Cervelo hates short people, too many of those out there anyway

I can't speak to how they actually built their bikes but I was told by my bike store WSD bikes usually have shorter top tubes because woman in general have shorter torsos.  My bike fit guy also told me I and anti WSD...its just the way God made me   I do adore the new  paint job on the womans QR tho very cute

2008-04-20 2:09 PM

User image

Master
Katy, TX (West of Houston)
Lots of QR love here. I am on my second Caliente, and wifey (Mrs Fish) has a Tequilo.
2008-05-14 2:44 PM
in reply to: #1262317

User image

Regular
Spokane, WA

Hej Jan! Love the disc. Where did you have that made?

In peace,

CQ

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » No Love for QR? Rss Feed  

of 3