United States
Tampa Races
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 39m 7s
Overall Rank = 121/132
Age Group = 40-44 F
Age Group Rank = 9/9
Pre-race routine:

not much. Register. Make several trips to the bathroom.
Event warmup:

stretch and talk to people. Get a Q hug.
Run
  • 1h 39m 7s
  • 9.32 miles
  • 10m 38s  min/mile
Comments:

I think we all got sick from dinner the night before but I didn't know it at the time. I think I got the worst of it since my meal came out ICE cold and we sent it back. Anyways I had a little tummybug that morning. So I ran anyways and it wasn't pretty. I kept looking for a porta potty but there were none and going in the woods wasn't an option for me. No gatorade or HEED on the course, only water. I fell once and was helped up by a lady wearing a "Dances with Dirt" shirt. Then later she passed me and thrust a bag of Shot Blocks at me, I had one and that was all I could handle. I walked way more than I wanted to. I was just tired and my tummy was cramping. I didn't carry my own fluids and I didn't have my own gels. oops. So I finished in the waay BOP. But hell it was like 40 degrees out at start time, and only a few folks came out (132) and all the finishing times were pretty fast, so there you have it.
This course was only one minute slower than the Gasparilla 15K last month. I'm pretty happy with that one fact considering this was a trail run and it was bottlenecked on the singletrack at times.
What would you do differently?:

Never eat at this restaurant again the night before. I think I will stick to homemade spaghetti and meatballs from now on.
Post race
Warm down:

went to bathroom again. Went to turn in my card, saw guy from running store (he won 1st in his AG). Had the World's Worst Cup of Gatorade and some pretzels. Drove home and took another trip to the bathroom, a shower and a nap. Went to see Blue Man Group that evening and saw Sue frm across the other side!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

sucky dinner the night before. Not carrying my own nutrition. Lack of preparation.

Event comments:

The one thing about this race I"ve learned, if you do NOT preregister, you are screwed. You don't get a goody bag and they give you an old shirt from somewhere. Mine was from the 2005 Squiggy event, and my friend Elise got something from 2006. And they jack up the fee 5 bucks too. Robbery, I tell ya.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2008-03-12 12:00 AM
Running
01:39:07 | 9.32 miles | 10m 38s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/9
Overall: 0/132
Performance:
Course: singletrack trails at Trout Creek, and a lot of running on a shell berm which was boring. At the BBD dip it was all flooded, and the bridge was taped off, but the hell with that, all of us went over the tape and over the bridge. I'm not going through that.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-03-12 9:40 AM

User image

Wife, Mother, Friend.
South
Subject: Trout Creek Trail Run

2008-03-12 2:01 PM
in reply to: #1266952

User image

Master
Central, IL
Subject: RE: Trout Creek Trail Run

Yikes!

The good news it you got R dun!   A bad day at the races beats a good day at work, right?  Maybe not. 

Seems to be a lot of "bad food" lately.  My buddy got sick skiing on some bad mayo.  Not good.  The food industry doesn't always attract the best workers.  Lesson learned. 

Sorry you had a tuff trip.  Something to build on though.... 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Trout Creek Trail Run Rss Feed