General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hi Fellow Cold-Weather Triathletes! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-03-14 9:54 AM

User image

Eden Prairie, MN
Subject: Hi Fellow Cold-Weather Triathletes!
Just saying howdy and introducing myself.

I'm just getting myself all planned for the tri's and a 10K (never done one of those before!) - the Get In Gear race in April. The two tri's I'm doing (sprint-tri's, by the way. I'm crazy, but not THAT crazy, like some of you amazing triathletes!! Ha!) are the Chaska River City Day's Sprint in July and also the Young Life (Castaway) Sprint in Detroit Lakes in August. I'm also doing the swimming leg (1/2 mile) of the Lake Waconia Tri in June - my husband will bike it (20miles) and his 71 yr old father will run the 4 miles!! Fun! That one will be great since my husband doesn't exercise at all currently - so to get him to bike 20 miles for that race will be sweet!! Maybe it'll get him hooked like me!

I completed my first sprint tri last summer - the Freedom Tri in White Bear Lake last 4th of July. It was great. I never thought I'd ever be able to do a triathlon! And one of my many goals was to maybe - just maybe - inspire my husband to want to exercise and possibly to compete in a race of some sort. About three months after my tri last summer, he and his dad and step-mom and I were playing cards and he just blurted out "Hey - maybe the three of us should do a triathlon together. She can swim, Dad, you can run, I'll bike!" AMAZING!! So - his dad and I are holding him to it!! (His dad is already a runner) Can't wait! Literally - a dream come true (well - when it's been done, I guess! Ha!).

So anyway - that's me. I'm pretty hooked on it. I'm also a Weight Watchers Lifetime Member (I know there's a couple WW people that also do some tri's that I've seen here before - Hi Diana! Where have you been?) and seriously - I lost 45 or so lbs and my whole life seemed to change! I'm so much more aware of how much/little I move my body and what I eat now - compared to a couple years ago! Without the help of my great family and WW, I doubt I'd be here telling you all about the triathlonS - multiple - that I'm signed up for this summer!

Whoooohooooooo!! LET'S DO IT!!!!

Feeling pretty pumped!!!!!!!

2008-03-14 10:11 AM
in reply to: #1271851

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Hi Fellow Cold-Weather Triathletes!
Nice to hear from you Toppings and congratulations on all the goals you are accomplishing.  Good luck with the races you have planned for the year.
2008-03-14 10:57 AM

User image

Pro
A farming town in MN

Sue Ellen, that's great you came over to introduce yourself.  There's a great group of BTers here in the Twin Cities, quite a few of them doing IM Wisconsin this year.

Like I mentioned on your other post, my wife and I are doing Get in Gear again this year (our 3rd year together), and we'll also both be doing the Chaska Tri this year.  That's cool that your family will be doing the Waconia together.  Makes training that much more fun!

Have a great season.  We'll try to find opportunites to meet before the races.  We've done that for Grandma's, The Securian Frozen 5k/half, Minneman, and Turtleman.

The Get in Gear is a HUGE race, so that one has been a tough one to meet up at, but maybe we'll throw together a meeting spot for the Chaska tri...

2008-03-14 12:49 PM

User image

Master
, Minnesota
Welcome! There's a good mix of folks here in the MN forum (and we're friendly) so drop us a line if you have any questions.

Good luck with your tri's this summer. I've done a relay and knowing that I only had to do one leg made it pretty darn fun.
2008-03-14 1:38 PM
in reply to: #1272322

User image

Expert
Minnesota
leapdog - 2008-03-14 12:49 AM

Welcome! There's a good mix of folks here in the MN forum (and we're friendly) so drop us a line if you have any questions.

I'm a bit owly today, but mostly friendly.

Welcome!

This sport is addicting.

The DL race is a pretty decent affair. You will enjoy it.
2008-03-17 9:40 AM

User image

Veteran
Eden Prairie, MN
Welcome. The Chaska sprint is a lot of fun. It's very well organized with some good grub after the race.

2008-03-25 7:06 AM

User image

Expert
Lakeville, MN
Welcome...like others have said feel free to PM any of us if you have any questions
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hi Fellow Cold-Weather Triathletes! Rss Feed