Hermes Sports & Events
35F / 2C
Overcast
Total Time = 39m 24s
Overall Rank = 331/1042
Age Group = 60-64
Age Group Rank = 4/16
Pre-race routine:

Up at 6:20. Ate 2 Eggo Waffles and a little OJ. Spent 5 min stretching after breafast. Arrived at race site about 7:45.
Event warmup:

Race start time: 9:45AM

About 20 min before race, began jogging around starting line area; four or five short jogs, just enough to get warmed up and loose; was ready to go at the beginning of race.
Run
  • 39m 24s
  • 5 miles
  • 07m 53s  min/mile
Comments:

Tough race for me because of the hills and because it was the first race of the 08 season for me. The race started on about a 1/4 mile downhill and ended with about a 1/4 mile uphill run to the finish line. Pretty good hill also in the middle of the course. Roads are pretty beat up down in the Flats with chuck holes and the like. Running over the steel grated decked river bridges was not much fun either; weired feeling underfoot.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing
Post race
Warm down:

Post race - went back to my car and got out of my wet race clothes from the waist up and put on my winter jacket. Had a Recoverite, banana and a slice of pizza.

Event comments:

Race time not a PR today but an excellent time for me considering the hilly course. I met my race time goal of less than an eight minute per mile pace.

The race awards ceremony at McCarthy's was not good. Too many people continued to talk and drink beer while the winners were being announced. I was 8 or 10 feet away from the anouncer with a mike and I had a difficult time hearing the winners anounced.

Would I do this race again? Sure... Loved the big crowd of 1000+ runners!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2008-03-15 12:00 AM
Running
00:39:24 | 05 miles | 07m 53s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/16
Overall: 331/1042
Performance: Good
HR monitor data Average HR 162 Max HR 197 Mile 1 7:44 AHR 150 Mile 2 7:44 AHR 160 Mile 3 8:00 AHR 165 Mile 4 8:00 AHR 164 Mile 5 8:10 AHR 169
Course: Hilly.... probably the hilliest course that I have run to date.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes