General Discussion Race Reports! » Get Fit Stay Fit Corporate Challenge Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Get Fit Stay Fit Corporate Challenge - Run5k

View Member's Race Log
Gainesville, Georgia
United States
Total Time = 21m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Easy jog for warm up and a Hammer Gel 10 minutes before race start. At first, I linked up on the painted starting line, and then I realized that everyone had lined up facing the wrong direction. This made it impossible for the starter to get everyone behind the proper starting line. Ultimately, he just turned everyone around - this now put me at the back of the pack. I quickly jumped out and moved up to the front of the pack. This moved me a little less than a tenth of the mile into the course already.
Run
  • 21m
  • 3.01 miles
  • 06m 59s  min/mile
Comments:

I had dead legs all week, but I was determined to try for a 21:00 race. Still, I lined up in the front and was prepared to push it hard. Right before the siren sounded, two weekend warriors jumped in front of me. They had no business being at the front of this race - it made me have to jockey a little for position. I jumped out a bit too quickly and it took a good half mile for me to slow myself down to the right pace. I felt good though. I hit the hill and attacked it. I still felt good and clocked a 6:36 first mile. I checked my HR and it was a little high for the first mile. I flew down the hill and ran smack into a 15mph headwind on a the football field. This really slowed me down, and I felt my legs getting tired. The second time up the hill hurt and I clocked a 7:13 second mile. Way too slow, and very inconsistent. I just tried to hang on for the last mile, 7:08. Still too slow, but I am glad it was over. The course ended up being short because of the debacle that was the start. I can't put this into my PR category at this point though I know it was right there. I could approximate my time to about a 21:30 5K, but that is about what I did at the second half of the CRR 10K a few weeks ago.
What would you do differently?:

Start off a little more smoothly. Push through the second mile. More speed work and better tempo runs.
Post race

Last updated: 2008-03-24 12:00 AM
Running
00:21:00 | 03.01 miles | 06m 59s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: The course was hard today. It had uneven trail terrain, loose pea gravel, grass and some track. The winds were very strong and made the flats difficult.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-03-24 10:02 AM

User image

New user

Subject: Get Fit Stay Fit Corporate Challenge
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Get Fit Stay Fit Corporate Challenge Rss Feed