General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dummy events and training programs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-12-15 5:02 AM

User image

Veteran
Sydney
Subject: Dummy events and training programs
Hi all,

Recently my friends and I have started thinking about doing some dummy events (i.e. doing all legs in a row over simulated race times, we have done 1 so far). We are all beginners doing some version of the Sprint program gearing up towards our first sprint event in February. So some questions:

1. Is this beneficial to our training?
2. When in a training month is the best time to include this (Wk 1 - 4)?
3. Is it best to do this over pre-ordained time or distance?
4. Is once a month too many?

Just curious

Cheers
Adam

2004-12-15 2:48 PM
in reply to: #92671

User image

Veteran
Gardner KS (near Kansas City)
Subject: RE: Dummy events and training programs
Trenton tolkelson uses the sprint distances for his Oly events without any taper, but he is from another world - it would depend on the distances you are doing for your dummy event - but sure any simulated training will be a benefit - you might want to try and the end of you low volume week, again make it a mini-sprint distance, maybe 1/2 or 1/3 of your event and see how it goes - it really depends on you base training - I'd lay off this idea the 30+ days prior to your real event - but anytime you can replicate "race day conditons" with out overtrainng, go for it

Edited by Darr 2004-12-15 2:49 PM
2004-12-15 3:40 PM
in reply to: #92671

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Dummy events and training programs
Its just a big brick. I'd treat it as such. Maybe back off on pace, treat it like an LSD brick in all 3 disciplines. I'd do it in week 4, assuming week 1 is the rest and recover phase and 2 3 4 are builds.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dummy events and training programs Rss Feed