General Discussion Race Reports! » Carrollton Runner's Club Monthly 5K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Carrollton Runner's Club Monthly 5K - Run5k

View Member's Race Log
Carrollton, Texas
United States
Overcast
Total Time = 23m 39s
Overall Rank = 9/33
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 1/1
Pre-race routine:

Race was 15 minutes from house so no need to wake up real early plus since I did the century yesterday I was not planning (I stress planning) on running too hard. Ate half a peanut butter bagel and headed to the race. Was suppose to me a friend there but he never showed. Apparently he thought I said I would call him in the morning either way when I actually said I would call if I couldn't walk.
Event warmup:

Ran half mile to stretch legs and felt surprisingly well.
Run
  • 23m 39s
  • 3.17 miles
  • 07m 28s  min/mile
Comments:

1 mile and 5K started together. Since this race was so small everything got spead out real quick. I did not really know my position at the start but knew I was near the front (but with 30 people everyone is really near the front). I had a guy a little bit infront of me that looked to have started too fast and did not look like a runner. Being competative I decided to try and catch him. At about 1.75 miles with a slight incline I was on his heels so I decided to run by him hard hoping that would cause him to fall back. It seemed to work because he slowly went back after that. He was the only person I passed after the start and was not passed at all. Run was good but 1.5 minutes off PR but I was really expecting/hoping for a slower run but my competativeness got the better of me. I felt good though.
What would you do differently?:

Go a little easier.
Post race
Warm down:

Talked to some other racers.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Century ride the day before.

Event comments:

Carrollton Runners club puts on these races every month (last sunday of the month generally). This is the first one I have run in 8 yrs of living in Carrollton. Definately want to go out more since they are only $6 (no t-shirt).

Last updated: 2008-03-29 12:00 AM
Running
00:23:39 | 03.17 miles | 07m 28s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/1
Overall: 0/33
Performance:
Avg HR 173 Max 202
Course: Winding course through city park. Very flat and little up or downhill at all, just a few slight inclines (very slight, really not classified as a hill).
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?