Mobile, Alabama
United States
Port City Pacers
Total Time = 57m 4s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up, drank 1 cup of coffee, got dressed, drove to race, met friends, body glided the important areas, ate a packet of Sports Beans *yum yum) and some water.
Event warmup:

Walking to the start of the race was warm up enough becauase of where I parked. Plus, I ran into a bunch of my friends so I had my jaw muscles nicely loosened up.
Run
  • 57m 4s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 11s  min/mile
Comments:

The time posted was GUN time and not chip time. Will be interested to find out what my chip time will be. My Garmin had 54.55 but that didn't include the few times I stopped for water. I believe my time will still be under 56 minutes.....which might be a PR for me for this race. Yeehaw!!!! Mother Nature was definitely on our side this year. Some of the folks complained that it was too humid but not for me. I thought the weather was perfect!
What would you do differently?:

Probably nothing. I really had fun this year and was pleased with my time.
Post race
Warm down:

Drank some water, Starbucks coffee (they had a booth) and then went and hit the beer line (Michelob Ultra).

Last updated: 2008-02-27 12:00 AM
Running
00:57:04 | 06.21 miles | 09m 11s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: The scenic Azalea Trail course is very flat and had great support and cheering sections this year. The azaleas were in full bloom which is great because the route was gorgeous.....not too great for all the folks that are suffering with hayfever and allergies. (There were lots of folks hocking loogies and spitting)
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?