United States
70F / 21C
Overcast
Total Time = 57m 44s
Overall Rank = 5990/29246
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 670/1753
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 3:15a.m. and had an egg omelet (no yolk), a cup of medium strength coffee (haven't had coffee in over 1.5 months), and a small bagel. Sipped on about 20oz of water on the 30 minute drive to Charleston. Got to the parking garage at around 5:00 (parked on the finish side) and rode the bus over to the start line. Once arriving and finding our start area it was about 6:00. Just chilled out for about 45 minutes then nibbled on a Cliff bar for the next 15. Started standing in line for race shortly after 7:00.
Event warmup:

No real warm-up other than some light stretching.
Run
  • 57m 44s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 18s  min/mile
Comments:

My wife and I ran this togehter. I was so happy to be able to run this with her. She had a really sore foot and missed 2 weeks of running prior to the race and still PR'd for her fastest 10k time ever!! She was so strong toward the end b/c I know walking had to have been going through her mind. I'm so proud of her. She finished 5989/29246 (One place ahead of me, lol and no that was not planned but I don't care we both laughed about it) and 285/2351 for her age group which I thought was awesome. Next year she plans to run a sub 50 and I'll shoot for 45 or better. This year I promised her since it was our first real 10k together we'd stay together.
What would you do differently?:

Next year we are running at our own pace and I'm shooting for a 45:00 or better.
Post race
Warm down:

Jogged as far as the crowd would let us then walked another 1/2-3/4 miles to the car. Took down some water and a protein drink. Did some more light stretching before heading back home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Pacing my wife but I don't care b/c she did so great and she said she never would have had a PB without me and that's worth going a little slow any day for me.

Event comments:

We will definitely be trying to do this event next year. It was a blast. Our next event is the Lake Murray Sprint Tri in SC where once again it will be a first for both of us and we hope to do that one together as well.

Last updated: 2008-02-29 12:00 AM
Running
00:57:44 | 06.21 miles | 09m 18s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/1753
Overall: 0/29246
Performance: Good
Course: Cooper River Bridge 10k course: http://bimrace.com/ba/race/race_map.php?race=4
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %.5-2
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-04-06 5:24 PM

User image

SC
Subject: Cooper River Bridge 10K Run

2008-04-06 7:19 PM
in reply to: #1319231

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Cooper River Bridge 10K Run

Thanks for the parking tips....I'll keep that handy for the next time we come up for the Bridge Run! I think you missed the CG helicopter cuz you (and the wife) were so faaast!  As best I can predict from my garmin, the helicopters were out about 50 min after race start (I started 10 min in....was over the bridge hump when I saw them..so about 5K (40 min)? From your results, you were practically finishing then!!

What great weather we all had!! 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cooper River Bridge 10K Run Rss Feed