General Discussion Race Reports! » Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run - Run10 Mile

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Washington, Washington, D.C.
United States
Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run
48F / 9C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 50m 42s
Overall Rank = 5252/12257
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 1687/1992
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at about 6am. Had a 20g Clif Builders protein bar.
Event warmup:

Did some minor yoga stretching. Took the metro to the Archives, and did a warm up run from there up to the race.
Run
  • 1h 50m 42s
  • 10 miles
  • 11m 04s  min/mile
Comments:

The run went fairly well for me. My top goal was just to complete the race in under 2 hours. After the first couple of miles I realized I was maintaining a pretty decent sub-11 min/mile pace, and decided to set my goal for 1hr 50 minutes. I managed to keep the sub-11 min/mile up until mile 8, when my wind just sort of left me. I had been taking brief 30 second walk breaks every couple of miles after the first 5 miles, but ended up needing to take an extra one during the ninth mile, which slowed my pace a bit too much. Regardless, I'm still very happy with my final time, considering this was my longest road race to date!
What would you do differently?:

Wish that I hadn't taken that walk break in the final mile, and that I had pushed myself into a sprint at the end. I ended up finishing the course with plenty of energy, so I know that I didn't go hard enough. Bonus though! I now know that I could handle a 13.1!
Post race
Warm down:

Some walking, and some minor running in place. A nice hike to breakfast at 14-K!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I was wearing braces on BOTH ankles, neither of them were very happy to be out there for the first few miles, nor for the last few miles. The middle was better. Also, I might be getting a shin-splint in my right calf, if the pins and needles I was feeling at around miles 3 and 4 are any indication.

Event comments:

The route was lovely, despite the range, and the volunteers and spectators were very pleasant. The place is CROWDED though, really crowded. Wish "the Awakening" hadn't gotten sold before the race... Mile markers and clocks at every mile were a nice motivational tool.

Last updated: 2008-03-06 12:00 AM
Running
01:50:42 | 10 miles | 11m 04s  min/mile
Age Group: 1687/1992
Overall: 5252/12257
Performance: Average
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-04-07 10:00 AM

New user

Subject: Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run Rss Feed