General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Can anybody recommend a sports nutritionist? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-04-08 1:06 PM

User image

Master
Chandler, Arizona
Subject: Can anybody recommend a sports nutritionist?
I'm in the Chandler area and I would like to speak with a sports nutritionist about some of my goals and how dialing in my nutrition can help me accomplish those goals. I say sports nutritionist because I don't want to speak with one of the guys at LA Fitness that are "trainers". Ideally I'd like to speak with someone who has experience with triathletes and athletes in general and being a certified nutritionist is a must.

Soon after getting into triathlon I discovered I needed surgery to fix a physically limiting condition that I have (had) in my legs. I'm recovering from my second surgery and within a month or two I should be 100%. I'm going to track my EVERYTHING on fitday.com as well as my training for a month or so and take that information to a nutritionist. I've had a hard time getting down to 170 and I still need to lose about 25 lbs to get there. My surgery's have been a major setback an while I understand there isn't a secret to weight loss I think whatever it would cost to see a nutritionist would be worth it to get me on track.

Thanks for letting me vent a little about my frustration and thanks for any advice on the nutritionist.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Can anybody recommend a sports nutritionist? Rss Feed