The Cancer Network of Sanders County
38F / 3C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 01m 22s
Overall Rank = 4/9
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 1/3
Pre-race routine:

Ate multi grain waffles with almond butter and maple syrup for breakfast. Ate a clif z bar 1 hour before race and drank water with nuun.
Event warmup:

Drove to Plains and found the Sander's County Fairgrounds. Went inside, registered, and chatted with the race organizers and volunteers. Couldn't help but notice there didn't seem to be any runners, and hoped I wouldn't be running by myself. They had a silent auction so I bid on a couple of items happy to support a good cause. About a 1/2 hour before the race I jogged around the fairgrounds with my dog Aurora for about 10 minutes.
Run
  • 1h 01m 22s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 53s  min/mile
Comments:

There were only 9 people running the 10k, so they did the 3k start at the same time instead of waiting 15 minutes to start the 3k. I was a little worried about being able to follow the route since there weren't going to be a lot of people to follow, but it was well marked and they had volunteers positioned at the couple of turnoffs to guide us. This run just felt good, good pacing, good distance.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing, it was a great run!
Post race
Warm down:

Crossed the finish line and received my reflective arm band. Drank about half a bottle of water and walked around a bit. Went inside to check on my auction items and eat. Runner's Edge of Missoula sponsored the race and it included dinner. They had bbq beef sandwiches, tortillas chips, salad, cookies, drinks, and great company.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Just need more training to increase my speed

Event comments:

This was an awesome race, and raised money for a great cause. I hope there is a better turnout next year. I'll be spreading the word. I received a first place medal and a $25.00 gift card to Runner's Edge, which was alot of fun. The people of Plains, The Sanders County Cancer Network, and Runner's Edge were terrific! A very enjoyable race!

Last updated: 2008-04-03 12:00 AM
Running
01:01:22 | 06.21 miles | 09m 53s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/3
Overall: 4/9
Performance: Good
average hr 170 max hr 181
Course: An out and back course in the beautiful forested hills of Plains on paved roads, gravel, and trail. A gradual steady uphill out, and downhill back. There was one water station at mile 2
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2008-04-10 12:09 AM

User image

Master
Silverton, Oregon
Subject: River Road Run

2008-04-10 10:22 AM
in reply to: #1327846

User image

Elite
far northern CA
Subject: RE: River Road Run
Wow!!!!  You did great!  It isn't going to take much to get below one hour on your next 10K!!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » River Road Run Rss Feed