General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimming Blind Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-12-22 4:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Minnesota
Subject: Swimming Blind
Well, after bringing 2 children out into the freezing MN weather (-something or other out there) I arrived at the Y without my goggles. The only pair of goggles in the lost and found were a child's pair that were worse than wearing nothing . . . so I did my 60 minute swim today without goggles. Not fun! I'm not a big fan of swimming anyway, and without the goggles I spent a fair amount of time banging into the wall and the lane dividers. Oh, well. I figure that now that I've done it, it won't be such a huge deal if my goggles break right before a race or if they are kicked off during a race. Plus, I seemed to be able to concentrate on my form a little bit more since I wasn't distracted by the people swimming in the lanes next to me. But, I'm buying an extra pair of goggles tomorrow and putting them in my bag.

2004-12-22 7:20 PM
in reply to: #95338

Elite
Livingston, MT
Subject: RE: Swimming Blind
That sux. I know the feeling of getting ready for a workout only to find you forgot something. I've forgotten to put practically everything in my bag from running shoes to shorts to underwear. I use it as a good excuse for a rest day
2004-12-22 7:24 PM
in reply to: #95338

User image

Canberra, Australia
Subject: RE: Swimming Blind
I forgot my daughters helmut for her race last Friday, thank goodness race director was happy to anounce & we were lent a very nice helmut!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimming Blind Rss Feed