United States
50F / 10C
Overcast
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 188/
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Went out the night before with Linda, Dave and the Crew from Wichita for Drinks and dinner. Margaritas are always a fun way to prep for a race. We went back to our hotel on the plaza around 10 and went to sleep/passed out, whatever you want to call it. I woke up around 4am and got some water as I knew I would be needing it. Got up for good around 6am and got dressed in the race costumes. Met our final two group memebrs at the hotel and then headed for the start.
Event warmup:

I ran the first leg of the 10 leg race, the leg was actually blocked by an overpass that was being redone. We were bussed to a new start point and given a pretty informal go. They did have a start line but nothing super special.
Run
  • 47m 49s
  • 6.79 miles
  • 07m 02s  min/mile
Comments:

The time is the combination of my two legs. I actually started out in the back during my first leg, messing with my garmin. It wasn't totally turned on and wasn't tracking me at first. The folks in the front of the pack so I thought I'd se ehow I'd fair trying to get to the front. Two people kept ahead of me for a little bit. I passed one of them about half a mile in and the other was still building a gap so I pretty much knew I wouldn't catch him. I was expecting a 4.5 mile leg so I was very surprsied to see the leg finish 2.5 miles in. I statyed in secodn place for me leg and looked for the teams next runer. The team definately hadn't shown up yet so I waited.

The 2nd leg wasn't as fast, didn't hurt too much from the day's beer but it surely wasn't helping. I was keeping a pretty good pace up the hills trying to watch my footing on the uneven dirt road. I could see the next station to trade off about a half mile before I actually traded with the other runner. It didn't look like that far so I ended up speeding up on the downhill a little sooner then I maybe would have but I was ablt to keep then new pace and finished strong.
Post race

Last updated: 2008-02-20 12:00 AM
Running
00:47:49 | 06.79 miles | 07m 02s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: The course hoped a 3 foot wall onto a Levee and followed the Levee the whole way for the first leg. My second leg was actually leg 8 of the race. that was just straight gravel road for 4 miles up and down pretty decent sized rolling hills.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-04-15 6:05 PM

User image

Expert
Denver, Colorado
Subject: Brew to Brew

2008-04-15 6:23 PM
in reply to: #1340276

User image

Expert
Stafford, Ks
Subject: RE: Brew to Brew
Very Nice! I fully expected to see some of the pictures here!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Brew to Brew Rss Feed