General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » wtb: Cool Helmet Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2008-04-20 7:14 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Geneva, Illinois
Subject: wtb: Cool Helmet
Hi All,

I was getting all set and psyched for my first ride of the season the other day and when I went to look for my helmet, it was gone!!! (I actually had two helmets, ugh!) My theory is that they were lost during our move a few months ago. I looked high and low for these things and cannot find them.

I've been searching on ebay for a good triathlon helmet and I am having no luck finding much that is under the $80-$100 range.

Is there anyone out there that has a helmet that don't mind selling to me? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Rob
(I'm from the Chicago area)

2008-04-20 8:08 AM
in reply to: #1349524

User image

Elite
Armpit of Ontario
Subject: RE: wtb: Cool Helmet

1. by cool helmet do you mean cool as in ventilation, or cool as in a TT/aero helmet?

2. avoid buying a used helmet (if at all possible) unless you know the seller well and can be assured of the helmet's integrity (that it's never been dropped/crashed

3. I've bought 3 helmets in as many years and never spent over $50. I bought an LG Chrono aero helmet 2 years ago for only $49.99 at my LBS and I've seen the Chrono and Prologue models go for way less than the prices you quoted. As for non-aero helmets, I have a Specialized road and a Giro (not sure which model), bought on sale, yes, but still spent 1/2 what you're quoting. 

Look around, and try them on before you buy - helmets fit is an individual thing. I have 2 size small and 1 medium and they all fit great.

2008-04-20 10:08 AM
in reply to: #1349556

User image

Elite
Armpit of Ontario

Also might want to check out Nashbar's helmet sale with lids up to 66% off, with some great road helmets in the $40-$60 range and a couple of aero helmets starting at $69.

2008-04-20 5:55 PM

User image

I have a limar chrono aero helmet that I'm trying to get rid of. [email protected]

email me if you're interested
2008-04-20 11:07 PM

User image

Expert
Denver
I'm selling a Rudy Project Syton SuperComp. It's the blue, red, and white one shown here: www.rudyprojectusa.com/images/products/helmets/syton/hl342472.gif . I wore it in 4 races last year and otherwise kept in the bag that came with it. I haven't posted it for sale yet because I wanted to take a picture and post it. I removed the plastic shield from it and threw it away because frankly, it annoyed me and I thought it looked cheap. Send me a PM if you're interested and/or would like more info.
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » wtb: Cool Helmet Rss Feed