General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dallas Athletes/ Dallas Sports University - Customer Service Problems Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-04-20 3:16 PM

User image

Elite
Hurst, Texas
Subject: Dallas Athletes/ Dallas Sports University - Customer Service Problems

Does anyone have close contact with these folks to try and help them address some customer service issues?

I was considering registering for Old College Tri, and actually their entire 3 race series including Disco, earlier this week.  I had been told by some folks that last year, DA was pretty disorganized, but that they had restructured as DSU and good things were expected.  Thus, I decided I wanted to register for their races, but prior to plunking down the $200 for the series, I emailed their contact Dane Dones and asked some questions about the series, the course, etc.  NO RESPONSE.  This was early in the week, way before O.C.T. sold out.

Later in the week, I emailed again in an effort to get some information.  By Friday afternoon, I had  no response.

Yesterday, I decided to go ahead and register online for the series and take my chances, even though my two emails had not been responded to.  I log into the website to register, only to see a note stating that the series is now SOLD OUT.  So, I once again emailed Dane Jones and asked if I could be put on a waiting list or something, as I really wanted to register.  Guess what?  NO RESPONSE.

Seems to me these folks have some real problems with basic customer service, and I will be looking for some different races to do. 

Edited by OldAg92 2008-04-20 3:17 PM

2008-04-20 4:13 PM
in reply to: #1349949

User image

Elite
Hurst, Texas
Subject: RE: Dallas Athletes/ Dallas Sports University - Customer Service Problems

**UPDATE**

Apparently, it is Dan E. Jones, not Dane. 

At least I got an email back this afternoon, albeit a few days late.

2008-04-20 6:01 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fort Worth, TX
Subject: RE: Dallas Athletes/ Dallas Sports University - Customer Service Problems

Realize that this gentleman may be very busy getting last minute things ready for Ol College. In the future he may need to forward the e-mails to an assistant for resolution. This is my first experience with DSU so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Scott

2008-04-20 6:35 PM

User image

Elite
Hurst, Texas
Yeah, I agree.  I am not giving up on them, just a bit frustrated.
2008-04-21 10:42 AM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Hey, don't give up on them! Tom Ryan who runs the whole thing is a good guy. He's really nice and honestly cares about what he does.

I have to say though, that I think he's more of a Type B personality. Which is odd because this sport is full of Type A personalities.

But, I wanted to say it kind of saddens me to read bad things about them and for people to keep making disparaging remarks about the club.

People keep saying their races last year were disorganized. The only race I know of it that might apply to would be the Disco, and they had to change it to a Du because of the lake levels. Yes, I heard the run course wasn't planned out the best... but what else have they done?

Packets are where they should be. The race is when it is should be. What needs to happen at a race happens as it needs to be.

As for an email not being replied to... shoot, can I list how many companies haven't ever responded to my emails? That's just a given. Even Tri Bike Transport... I sent them approximately 20 emails... NOT ONE RESPONSE! And they pack up people's bikes and ship them all over the country.

If you need to talk to someone about getting in on the race deal... talk to Tom Ryan. I'm sure he'll make an exception due to what happened. If you want to talk to him in person, he's up at Standridge Natatorium every Wednesday. He starts the 6:15 PM ride and then goes to the pool afterwards.

2008-04-21 2:08 PM
in reply to: #1351339

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lewisville

KSH - 2008-04-21 10:42 AM Hey, don't give up on them! Tom Ryan who runs the whole thing is a good guy. He's really nice and honestly cares about what he does. I have to say though, that I think he's more of a Type B personality. Which is odd because this sport is full of Type A personalities. But, I wanted to say it kind of saddens me to read bad things about them and for people to keep making disparaging remarks about the club. People keep saying their races last year were disorganized. The only race I know of it that might apply to would be the Disco, and they had to change it to a Du because of the lake levels. Yes, I heard the run course wasn't planned out the best... but what else have they done? Packets are where they should be. The race is when it is should be. What needs to happen at a race happens as it needs to be. As for an email not being replied to... shoot, can I list how many companies haven't ever responded to my emails? That's just a given. Even Tri Bike Transport... I sent them approximately 20 emails... NOT ONE RESPONSE! And they pack up people's bikes and ship them all over the country. If you need to talk to someone about getting in on the race deal... talk to Tom Ryan. I'm sure he'll make an exception due to what happened. If you want to talk to him in person, he's up at Standridge Natatorium every Wednesday. He starts the 6:15 PM ride and then goes to the pool afterwards.

I agree... I was  a DA member for over a year, and have nothing but good things to say about that club. They had some unfortunate issues with the Disco tri last year, which started all the rumors of a bad organization. Tom is a good guy and was really hurt about the issues that occurred last year. To the point that he needed to wipe his hands clean, and start a whole new club under the premise of going back to the roots- focusing on the members.  I've signed up for the Old College Tri myself, and plan on doing the Disco again.

2008-04-21 2:39 PM
in reply to: #1352194

User image

Pro
Texas
Jazon71 - 2008-04-21 2:08 PM

I agree... I was a DA member for over a year, and have nothing but good things to say about that club. They had some unfortunate issues with the Disco tri last year, which started all the rumors of a bad organization. Tom is a good guy and was really hurt about the issues that occurred last year. To the point that he needed to wipe his hands clean, and start a whole new club under the premise of going back to the roots- focusing on the members. I've signed up for the Old College Tri myself, and plan on doing the Disco again.

Not to bicker, but I think the name change had a lot more to do with financial woes than anything else. At least, that's what his "state of the union" newsletter leads me to believe.
2008-04-21 2:47 PM
in reply to: #1352288

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lewisville
JBrashear - 2008-04-21 2:39 PM
Jazon71 - 2008-04-21 2:08 PM

I agree... I was a DA member for over a year, and have nothing but good things to say about that club. They had some unfortunate issues with the Disco tri last year, which started all the rumors of a bad organization. Tom is a good guy and was really hurt about the issues that occurred last year. To the point that he needed to wipe his hands clean, and start a whole new club under the premise of going back to the roots- focusing on the members. I've signed up for the Old College Tri myself, and plan on doing the Disco again.

Not to bicker, but I think the name change had a lot more to do with financial woes than anything else. At least, that's what his "state of the union" newsletter leads me to believe.

Oh... I agree. Financial issues were a major part of it. I remember not being billed for several months for my monthly dues, and had to actually remind them to bill me. They eventually got caught back up and billed a whole bunch at once. I can imagine that they were losing a ton of money. I recall in the "state of the union" letter that they were just barely making a profit on their races last year (if not taking a loss).  

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dallas Athletes/ Dallas Sports University - Customer Service Problems Rss Feed