General Discussion Race Reports! » 13th Annual Dash for Organ Donor Awareness Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

13th Annual Dash for Organ Donor Awareness - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
United States
68F / 20C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 09m 57s
Overall Rank = 353/387
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 60/70
Pre-race routine:

Ate a Clif bar and drove to the race.
Event warmup:

None other than the walk from the car.
Run
  • 1h 09m 57s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 11m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

Given that I finished antibiotics on Tuesday for bronchitis and strep throat, I did fairly well. I was frustrated because this was a relatively easy distance before I got sick and I was able to run without walking. But during the three weeks that I couldn't run (or get off the couch) I lost some of my fitness and had to walk a lot more than I had hoped. Still, my time was better than the 10Ks in the Olympic triathlons in the past and faster than the 6 mile leg of the marathon that I ran.
What would you do differently?:

Stay healthy so I could have kept training.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked back to the car

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Getting a cold, bronchitis and strep throat in the three weeks leading up to the race.

Event comments:

This is a good race, good course, and for a great cause. I was frustrated in general that I was still recovering from a bout of bronchitis, but I did well given the circumstances. I was hoping this would be a good training run for the Broad Street Run in two weeks. But I seemed to have lost more fitness during the past three weeks than I had hoped. Hopefully this week I'll be able to get in a short run or two and then a longer run on the weekend (which I hope will feel better than the 10K today) and still be ready for ten miles on May 4th. Regardless, at least I'm finally starting to feel better!

Last updated: 2008-02-27 12:00 AM
Running
01:09:57 | 06.21 miles | 11m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 60/70
Overall: 70/387
Performance:
Course: Out and back
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-04-20 4:06 PM

User image

Regular
Philadelphia
Subject: 13th Annual Dash for Organ Donor Awareness
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 13th Annual Dash for Organ Donor Awareness Rss Feed