2009-01-23 9:37 AM
in reply to: #1921968

User image

Expert
Toronto
Subject: RE: Caius's Group - CLOSED
GoFaster - 2009-01-22 8:54 AM

Caius - did you get the treadmill yet?

Don't get me started!!! We bought the treadmill on December 29 and were told that it would be about 8-10 days to have it delivered. Week after week after week we kept getting some excuse or other about the shippment being stuck at the border with customs, then something about it being at their warehouse in Cornwall waiting on a truck to come to Toronto, etc. Blah blah blah. We eventually gave up on waiting as they could not give us a firm date on it's arival and asked for a refund.

We bought the treadmill from Fitness Depot and though their staff were very helpful and professional and appologized profusely I just got tired of it all. So, we're back to square one. Going to try my luck again this weekend at another fitness place.

In a way, it's okay because I've been suffereing A LOT with plantar fasciitis and have only been able to run about 2 times per week for 20-30 minutes and nothing more. I started seeing a physiotherapist this morning so we'll see how that goes after a couple of weeks of treatment. 

2009-01-23 10:41 AM
in reply to: #1355942

User image

Elite
Ontario

You may not want to hear this - but it's a sign you're not supposed to get a treadmill.  Buy the trainer, buy the trainer.  Innocent

Hope the foot heals quickly Caius (but it will heal faster by reducing your running and start riding more).

2009-01-25 9:25 AM
in reply to: #1924849

User image

Expert
Toronto

Hahaha...the treadmill is an easier sell because it will be for the "two of us" as she wants to start getting fit. I can't see me selling the idea of an ibike or computrainer to her

My first physio session went really well and my foot is actually feeling a bit better so there's some promise here. Going back for another round this Tuesday and then on Friday. Hopefully I will be able to get back to my normal running schedule as I'm signed up for Around the Bay (30K) which is in March so I gotta get moving on that.

Edited by caius 2009-01-25 9:26 AM
2009-01-25 11:11 AM
in reply to: #1355942

User image

Elite
Ontario
Good luck with the race.  I thought about signing up for it but realized quite a while ago that my run volume just wasn't going to be there.  Maybe next year.
2009-01-25 10:22 PM
in reply to: #1927777

User image

Expert
Toronto
It's a good race. I did it a couple of years agio and it was a lot of fun. Definitely add it to your 'to do' list at some point. The race itself has been around longer than Boston so it kind of neat to take part in that.
2009-01-26 10:30 AM
in reply to: #1928465

User image

Extreme Veteran

Caius - good luck with your treadmill and I hope all goes well with your foot. 

Do you have any advice on marathon nutrition?  Back when I was last running marathons, gels were just starting to come out, if you can believe it!  I just bought some marathon formula Infinit but I'm wondering if I will need gels as well or if the Infinit is supposed to be enough.

Tracy 

2009-01-26 1:27 PM
in reply to: #1929047

User image

Expert
Toronto

I don't have any experience with Infit but the whole premise behind it is that it should provide you with all your needs: hydration, energy (carbs) and sodium all in one package. So it should definitely be all you need. The only thing is that you have to carry enough of it around to last you the entire marathon. If you don't have a problem with that (lots of people carry their own nutrition) then you're good to go.

Personally I like to carry as little as possible with me so I always just use whatever is on the course and yes, I relly on gels and whatever hydration is provided by the race organizer. It generally works out okay. Sometimes I don't like the flavours or brand that they have on course but I'd rather deal with that then carrying stuff with me.

But as noted above, everyone is different so YMMV. Do what feels right for you; makes you more comfortable, etc. Sometimes just the mental edge of knowing that you've got your own stuff is a big bonus.

Edited by caius 2009-01-26 1:29 PM
2009-02-07 2:14 PM
in reply to: #1929483

Veteran
Idaho
hey everyone !
Well life has been a bit crazy and busy for me lately but I am back! I was in N. Carolina helping my daughter who just had a cute baby boy and when I got back my husband had some tests ran on his heart. Good news is he does not need any surgery bad news they did see a 20% blockage in one artery and he will have to go on meds to lower his cholesterol If I have my way he will start Weight Watchers with me to lose about 50 lbs and be doing races this summer J …
How is everyone ? How is the foot feeling Caius? Better I hope!
I am still working out I did manage to make sure I got my gym time in during all this craziness, hopefully things will die down to a dull roar for a while!
Have a good weekend!!

2009-03-04 9:29 PM
in reply to: #1929483

Veteran
Idaho

Ok I guess I have to do the dreaded double post and ask... where did everyone go ??? It's been busy for me too so I understand.  The Weather has been teasing us with spring like conditions here the past few days...I am sick of snow thats for sure lol !

My first half marathon is next month..yikes !

Hope everyone is doing ok !

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Caius's Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 38