General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New and Motivated!!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-04-23 11:55 AM

User image

Subject: New and Motivated!!!!!

My name is Jameson Pew, 21 years of age... I currently attend the Culinary Instiute of America to become a chef. I swam in highschool and i swim here on a club team that i created at the CIA. The college has a mini triathlon in which is 3.1 running,7 miles on a stationary bike,and 20 laps in the pool. I took to it as a way to motivate myself that if i try i can do anything last year more or less for fun something other then swimming. I finished 6 overall out of 11 people or so and 5th out of the guys. However in doing so i have taken it on as a new challange and somewhat fallen in love with it in the process. Now i know the stationary bike isnt a true triathlon but i'm hoping someday soon maybe when im finished college to attack a bigger triathlon. It's a way to take a step forward and hopefully one day attack a ironman even. I think i can finish 1st overall or close this year at my school. I have just started training and the tria is in june. I've been enjoying myself and look forward to the improvements i make on my body.

If anyone has any advice or training please feel free to leave some love.

I look forward to this triathlon and the many more to come in my mind.

2008-04-23 1:21 PM
in reply to: #1356997

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
Subject: RE: New and Motivated!!!!!
Zell248 - 2008-04-23 9:55 AM

My name is Jameson Pew, 21 years of age... I currently attend the Culinary Instiute of America to become a chef. I swam in highschool and i swim here on a club team that i created at the CIA. The college has a mini triathlon in which is 3.1 running,7 miles on a stationary bike,and 20 laps in the pool. I took to it as a way to motivate myself that if i try i can do anything last year more or less for fun something other then swimming. I finished 6 overall out of 11 people or so and 5th out of the guys. However in doing so i have taken it on as a new challange and somewhat fallen in love with it in the process. Now i know the stationary bike isnt a true triathlon but i'm hoping someday soon maybe when im finished college to attack a bigger triathlon. It's a way to take a step forward and hopefully one day attack a ironman even. I think i can finish 1st overall or close this year at my school. I have just started training and the tria is in june. I've been enjoying myself and look forward to the improvements i make on my body.

If anyone has any advice or training please feel free to leave some love.

I look forward to this triathlon and the many more to come in my mind.

WELCOME! there is a ton of information in all the various threads! make sure to join a mentors group and it sounds as if you are ready to hit the challenge thread...which you find under forums at the top of your training log. Good luck...and have fun! this is a fabulous tri community and you can get all your answers to all questions here....just be sure to ask! and not be shy!!

2008-04-23 3:06 PM

User image

Expert
Long Island NY
welcome jameson
2008-04-23 8:08 PM

User image

Veteran
Washington , MO

Hello and welcome Jameson.  Enjoy your triathlon journey!

peace,

John

2008-04-23 9:36 PM

Expert
Fort Bragg
Uh oh... someone from the CIA.

I went to West Point and remember the first time I saw someone with a CIA hat. I've since learned a lot about the Institute.

Welcome to BT!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New and Motivated!!!!! Rss Feed