General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Question for veterans of Arkansas tris..... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-04-28 11:38 AM

Subject: Question for veterans of Arkansas tris.....
I will be doing my first sprint tri in Little Rock June 1st. I plan to do four this year with the last being Heber Springs in October. I am considering a wet suit purchase and was hoping someone with experience in Arkansas tris could advise me on if the water temps in Arkansas normally allow you to wear a wet suit. If sleeves or sleeveless is the way to go. If a wet suit in Arkansas is necessary or not. And if it is a good idea to have one just for trainning swims early in the year. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, james

By the way I completed the Big Dam Bridge Du this weekend and while I was not lighting fast I had a great time at my first multi-sport event.

2008-04-29 9:01 AM
in reply to: #1366538

User image

North Little Rock, AR
Subject: RE: Question for veterans of Arkansas tris.....
A wetsuit will be unnecessary for almost all of the races around here. I'm not sure about the race in June because it's new, but I bet the river will be fairly warm by then. The other races around here usually have pretty warm temps and are over or really cose to the limit for wetsuits (DeGray, CATS in Conway, Ozark). If you plan on training in open water early in the year get one, but you won't need it or really be able to use a wetsuit for races around here.
2008-05-07 4:23 PM

User image

Master
Anyone do Mr. Trophy this weekend?
2008-05-07 4:25 PM

User image

Master

firemedic1968 - 2008-04-28 11:38 AM I will be doing my first sprint tri in Little Rock June 1st. I plan to do four this year with the last being Heber Springs in October. I am considering a wet suit purchase and was hoping someone with experience in Arkansas tris could advise me on if the water temps in Arkansas normally allow you to wear a wet suit. If sleeves or sleeveless is the way to go. If a wet suit in Arkansas is necessary or not. And if it is a good idea to have one just for trainning swims early in the year. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, james By the way I completed the Big Dam Bridge Du this weekend and while I was not lighting fast I had a great time at my first multi-sport event.

I did Mr. Trophy this weekend without a wetsuit.  Water was 62.  Chilly getting in, but the temp was perfect since I was swimming fairly hard.  I'd recommend no wetsuit for June 1st.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Question for veterans of Arkansas tris..... Rss Feed