General Discussion Triathlon Talk » CrossFit WOD Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 35

2011-03-21 9:37 AM
in reply to: #1369702

New user
Subject: RE: CrossFit WOD
I'm looking for some advice on my training. I have 10 weeks to until I taper and want to add 2 maybe 3 days of CrossFit to my workout. currently I run Mon, Wed and Fri mornings and do Masters swim Mon and Wed with a long swim Friday. I bike on Tues and Thurs (intervals) with a long bike on the weekend. I've been doing strength training on Tues or Thurs and on the weekend (total of 2 strength workouts). If I can only get in 2 maybe 3 strength workouts are there any particular CrossFit workouts I should focus on?

2011-03-21 9:42 AM
in reply to: #3406530

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2011-03-22 3:03 PM

New user
I'm in. I'm committing to following the CFE workout for the next 10 weeks. I started today but I did yesterday's workout (today's didn't have a S&C workout). did the S&C today during lunch and will do the swim after work.

If anybody care's I'll keep you posted.

2011-03-23 11:14 AM
in reply to: #3409001

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2011-03-27 3:54 PM

New user
So far I'm loving the CFE workouts. I'm one week in and feel great, very sore but in a good way. I jacked up my back today doing Dead Lifts so I'm skipping my swim workout tonight and will do two sport specific workouts tomorrow instead of a strength training. I'm also going to take an ice bath tonight in hopes of helping my back and very sore legs. Not sure if I'll get the results I'm looking for, it's too early to tell but I really do love the workouts (which in itself makes them good). If anybody has suggestions on alternatives for Dead Lifts I'm all ears. Clearly my form isn't up to par and not sure if I'll have a chance to put a lot of work into it. I'm 9 weeks out from taper and am fully committed to continuing CFE. When I started I was 170lbs and 20% BF. my goal is to get down to 15% BF before race. not sure if that's too ambitious or not but that's what I'm shooting for. One problem is I'm sooooooo hungry from the workouts I need to make sure I focus on proper nutrition.
2011-03-30 11:19 AM
in reply to: #3416669

Kidblue - 2011-03-27 3:54 PM So far I'm loving the CFE workouts. I'm one week in and feel great, very sore but in a good way. I jacked up my back today doing Dead Lifts so I'm skipping my swim workout tonight and will do two sport specific workouts tomorrow instead of a strength training. I'm also going to take an ice bath tonight in hopes of helping my back and very sore legs. Not sure if I'll get the results I'm looking for, it's too early to tell but I really do love the workouts (which in itself makes them good). If anybody has suggestions on alternatives for Dead Lifts I'm all ears. Clearly my form isn't up to par and not sure if I'll have a chance to put a lot of work into it. I'm 9 weeks out from taper and am fully committed to continuing CFE. When I started I was 170lbs and 20% BF. my goal is to get down to 15% BF before race. not sure if that's too ambitious or not but that's what I'm shooting for. One problem is I'm sooooooo hungry from the workouts I need to make sure I focus on proper nutrition.

If you haven't been deadlifting for a while, drop the weight way down and focus on form first. Searching for rippetoe+deadlift on youtube will get you some good form tutorials. For me, it's all about focusing on keeping my back properly arched and driving down through my heels. In my experience, work lighter than you think you need until you feel very confident in your ability to pull correctly. gl!

2011-04-22 12:27 PM

Expert
San mateo California

I am loving my CF lifestyle...    Awesome and what it has done to my training is amazing.. 

I did Angie yesterday

100 pullups

100 pushups

100 situps

100 squats

Total time 16:03.     

Awesome

2011-06-08 1:23 PM

New user

Europe

i am exercise with acrobatic gymnastic on the pull ups bar, as i used to be a wrestler. I keep my body strong like this, never had problems with my knees,waiste etc

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » CrossFit WOD Rss Feed  

of 35