Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Melbourne Bike Shops Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2008-04-30 1:38 AM

User image

Subject: Melbourne Bike Shops

HI All,

Looking at upgrading the old Superlite in a couple of months and I have read a lot about getting the correct bike fit over anything else. 

What Melbourne bike stores are great for a) Proper bike fit  b) Good Service  C) knowledge in what they are selling

I have witnessed first hand the Freedom Machine and the video analysis system which seems good but Im also after a place that has a lot of bikes that you can actually jump on a ride as well. Throw some names around. The more the merrier!

Thanks

2008-04-30 4:37 AM
in reply to: #1371332

User image

Expert
Eltham North, Victoria
Subject: RE: Melbourne Bike Shops

Hi Jamie,

Where in Melbourne are you from?

Top Gear Cycles in Balwyn North do a dynamic bike fit tho I'm not sure of their range of bikes. Acr the triathlete shop in Burwood seem to have a good range. You can Google them both. Bicycle Victoria also have a list of bike store on their website.

Happy Shopping

2008-04-30 6:52 PM

User image

Im from Hawthorn so no shop to to far really. 

I have been told to stay away from SBR even though they seem to have a decent range. Is this just someone telling me their personal opinion or have others heard this? 

2008-05-06 4:32 AM

User image

You cant go past Cyclespeed in Gardenvale. They are 100% professional and know their stuff. I would avoid SBR like the plague!!!!

Cheers
2008-06-02 7:57 PM

User image

hahahahaha I went there yesterday and my god, hwe never shuts up, plus he cant look at you in the eye...not trusting

Before I go and slab a whack of money down, is there any places that lend bikes for weekends. I wanna try a couple in real conditions (tri) but I am not prepared to take a $5000 gamble?

On a side note........HOW COLD IS MELBOURNE..brr winter training is freezing

New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Melbourne Bike Shops Rss Feed