United States
55F / 13C
Overcast
Total Time = 56m 31s
Overall Rank = 28/33
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 5/6
Pre-race routine:

Arrived way to early for this race. Not a lot of runners, so registration was extremely quick. Once I checked in, I drove the route to make sure what was in front of me. Found the course, a more hilly than I had expected.
Event warmup:

Stretched in the gym as if I knew what I was doing. Went for a quick job of about 30 yards. Didnt even break a sweat, but oh well.
Run
  • 56m 31s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 09m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

Unlike last weeks 5K the racers this week broke out quickly and I found myself all alone. I decided to focus on staying within a decent distance of the group of 3 ahead of me. I was able to stay at the pace that I set, and stay with close to the group ahead of me. About the half way point I found myself a little further away from the group ahead of me. Part of me wanted to speed up and stay with them, but not having done a 10K before I decided to stay with my game plan.

I came down with a small cut/blister on the top of middle toe, and it started to flare up about 2 miles from the end. Oh well, suck it up, and finish this race. A short time later a lady passes me, but I felt that I was staying with the pace I had set for myself. Just prior to entering the High school, I began to catch one of the people of the group ahead of me, but I just couldnt catch him.
What would you do differently?:

Not a darn thing. I'm happy with my first 10K race and only second road race. I actually had a better pace than I did last week for the 5K. Maybe I should have worn shorts instead of the running tights and 2 shirts.
Post race
Warm down:

Bottle of water and a banana

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Inexperience

Event comments:

The race overall was good, but I suppose as this grows, they will learn. For example the aid station at about the half way point was on the opposite side of the road. If you needed a drink you would have to cross traffic (granted not a busy road, but still).

Also would have liked to see signs telling you the distance traveled, so you could keep track of pace.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2008-04-21 12:00 AM
Running
00:56:31 | 06.2 miles | 09m 07s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/6
Overall: 0/33
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good