Iowa County Humane Society
35F / 2C
Sunny
Total Time = 7h 30m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I showed up and got my number and put on my arm and leg warmers.
Bike
  • 7h 01m 50s
  • 100 miles
  • 14.22 mile/hr
Post race
Event comments:

I almost didn't even make it to the ride. I spent the night in a hotel and the guy who was in a room next to me kept the volume on his tv very loud. The guy who was on the other side of him was having a small party with a couple of girls. So finally at midnight I went up to the front desk and asked them to tell my neighbors to be quiet otherwise I would take care of it. They did and I finally got to sleep.

I showed up at Dodgeville Middle School. It was a sunny but chilly morning. Temps were only in the mid 30s but it was suppose to warm up into the 60s by early afternoon. So I wore my bike jersey with a t-shirt underneath it. I had leg and arm warmers and that was it. I didn't want to wear a coat because I would get too warm once I got going on the ride. The ride was great. Country roads with very little traffic. It was a mix of riding by farm fields and heavily wooded areas. I enjoyed the wooded areas because they sheltered me from the wind. In all I did over 7500 feet of climbing. None of the hills were so big that I ever felt I wouldn't make it up. Plenty of rest stops and water stations. The volunteers were constantly thanking the riders for their support of the animal shelter. The only problem I had was that I couldn't clip my cleats into my pedals for the last 25 miles. I walked through some mud at a rest stop and it plugged up my cleats.

If you live in the WI, IA, MN or IL area and you want a great early season ride I would suggest this one. They offered 35, 55, 85 and 100 mile routes. Plenty of food and drink and rest stops. Dinner after the ride was offered. Lots of SAG vehicles on the road. Well marked course. I will try to make this ride an annual event.

Last updated: 2008-04-12 12:00 AM
Biking
07:01:50 | 100 miles | 14.22 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Wind: Strong with gusts
Course: The course is in SW Wisconsin. It can be quite hilly at time. All country roads with very little vehicle traffic on them.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right