General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aero Bottle Straw Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2008-05-08 11:18 PM
in reply to: #1391205

Veteran
Portland, OR
Subject: RE: Aero Bottle Straw

Here's what the new set up looks like.   I've tried refilling with a standard bottle and it works really well.

Also, they still include a "Poofie" for those that might get lonely with out it.

2008-05-09 1:44 PM
in reply to: #1391623

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I like that top idea.

Write or wrong, this is what I did.  I was under the impression that I needed to keep as much open space as I could so I thought I needed to keep the pouf half in/out of the bottle.  I decided last night to spread it out and stuff the whole thing in the larger upper portion of the bottle.  NO WAY is that thing is bouncing out and I don't think it will hurt the capacity of it.

I see the picture, I notice that the clear shorter portion is outside the bottle.  Is that what everyone else does?  I actually got mine reversed, but your way maybe seems better....  softer portion to avoid eye gouging....  However, it was tough to get them together, but there is no way the straw can come out of the bottle the way I have it now unless you yank it out....

Edited by Aikidoman 2008-05-09 1:48 PM
2008-05-09 2:20 PM
in reply to: #1392853

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Aikidoman - 2008-05-09 2:44 PM

I see the picture, I notice that the clear shorter portion is outside the bottle. Is that what everyone else does? I actually got mine reversed, but your way maybe seems better.... softer portion to avoid eye gouging.... However, it was tough to get them together, but there is no way the straw can come out of the bottle the way I have it now unless you yank it out....

I have a diff brand bottle but its the same for the straw deal.  Mine is like the pix with the softer portion first then the hard portion into the bottle.  I got on the bike in aero position and cut down the softer piece in small increments to where I had it the right length.  It will touch my chin when I go full down I use when fighting the wind.  I travel with my bottle on the bike while its on the bike rack and haven't lost the straw yet!

2008-05-09 3:09 PM

User image

Master
Calgary, AB
Silver member
Aikidoman - 2008-05-09 12:44 PM

I like that top idea.

Write or wrong, this is what I did.  I was under the impression that I needed to keep as much open space as I could so I thought I needed to keep the pouf half in/out of the bottle.  I decided last night to spread it out and stuff the whole thing in the larger upper portion of the bottle.  NO WAY is that thing is bouncing out and I don't think it will hurt the capacity of it.

I see the picture, I notice that the clear shorter portion is outside the bottle.  Is that what everyone else does?  I actually got mine reversed, but your way maybe seems better....  softer portion to avoid eye gouging....  However, it was tough to get them together, but there is no way the straw can come out of the bottle the way I have it now unless you yank it out....

I had it your way as well, then I hit a small pothole and got a taste of how that would feel jabbing into the throat. I put the soft safe side up immediately after.
2008-05-09 3:37 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Aikidoman - 2008-05-09 1:44 PM

I like that top idea.

Aik, pour hot water in your bottle and the straw should come apart pretty easily after a 5 minute soak. Flip it around so you have the soft part to drink from. Don't worry about it falling out. If you can get that straw to fall out of your bottle, it is likely that you are upside down. At that point I think your Aerodrink straw will be the least of your concerns !!
2008-05-09 3:51 PM
in reply to: #1391205

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD

Or you can do this.

Huh, one of the fastest guys on the bike used downtube bottles and a behind the seat cage.  Go figure .......

(Bjorn Agressive.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Bjorn Agressive.jpg (81KB - 16 downloads)

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aero Bottle Straw Rss Feed  

of 2