Set up transition area and then rested in an empty slot next to my bike

Event warmup:

Easy 50 meters of swimming
Swim
  • 35m 12s
  • 1640 yards
  • 02m 09s / 100 yards
Comments:

Felt pretty good on the swim, really hyped at the start. The ocean was a bit wavy but that didn't bother me a bit, ran into a few people and a few ran into me. It was nothing I didn't expect.
What would you do differently?:

Swim faster, try to stay to the outside
Transition 1
  • 02m 33s
Comments:

Suit was tough get over the calves, need to use body glide, dropped Garmin while trying to pull off wetsuit over my calves. Unracked bike and moved on out.

Body glide on calves and ankles, Mount Garmin first.
Bike
  • 1h 20m 15s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 18.58 mile/hr
Comments:

Argh!!! I have no bike computer!!! I left it in transition. I was wondering should I go back ane get it. Is that a penalty to re-enter T1? Most likely!! Oh Jeepers, bike on-wards! Going by my feeling I just felt tired on the course. Since I had no bike computer I didn't know my heart rate or cadence. I usually feel pretty good on the bike but I felt pretty tired. At mile 17 I was thinking, I can't wait for the run. What? What did I hear myself say? I am better at the bike and I am feeling tired, I am going to die on the run!!! I better just take it steady from here on out!

Take better care of myself pre race week. I didn't take care of myself to good on pre race week and I think it started showing up on the bike. Not that any of the pre week activities were in my control to much extent, but there might of been a few things I could have done. But, I was glad.
Transition 2
  • 02m 21s
Comments:

Yoo Whoo! My Garmin was still in transition!!! It didn't disappear. It was next to my wet suit. T2 went pretty well. While running out I was trying to set my Garmin so I could monitor my run.
Run
  • 1h 03m 33s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 14s  min/mile
Comments:

Just took it steady, I was enjoying the course keeping it mostly in Z3 didn't have the energy to push into Z4. It wasn't my day to race so I just enjoyed the atmosphere and race. Very wonderful. It was a big pick up to Hector from the Tri club yelling at me on the way in towards the finish and a giant pick up from the Tri group hearing there wonderful cheers ending towards the finish!

Take care of myself pre race week better.
Post race
Warm down:

Picked up some liquids and walked towards the Tri group to cheer in the rest of the club. A great group!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

On long wave starts and early arrivals for parking like St. A's bring a snack for before race. Also! Not only plan race meals, but also plan pre and post meals better! The race lines and food is not always appropriate. I need to try to be more selfish than usual and take better care pre race week of A races!!! Doh!

Event comments:

Despite not being my A or B day, I really enjoyed this race and the people. I was just glad to get in my first Olympic in the big venue and meet a many wonderful people I workout with from the Tri club to the running group. Unfortunately, I was unable to meet up with some of the wonderfully organized BT events! Bummer! I am looking forward to returning next year!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2007-11-09 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:35:12 | 1640 yards | 02m 09s / 100yards
Age Group: 225/284
Overall: 0/3556
Performance: Good
Suit: Yes
Course: Swim out east into Tampa Bay then swim north and then back to the west into the sea wall at Vinoy Park. Kind of a half rectangle shape or half trapezoid.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 76F / 24C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Average Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:33
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
01:20:15 | 24.85 miles | 18.58 mile/hr
Age Group: 244/284
Performance: Below average
Wind: Little
Course: Nice course, many turns and some bumpy roads, and speed bumps by, I think, the golf course and sand on the roads in a few spots. Course meanders around St. Petersburg. I liked the South Beach Nautica course much better.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 02:21
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
01:03:33 | 06.21 miles | 10m 14s  min/mile
Age Group: 222/284
Performance: Below average
Course: Very nice course around the neighborhood next to the bay. Not much shade but some. Course support with the crowds and water stops was excellent.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes