General Discussion Triathlon Talk » post T1 bike transition Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-02-17 8:14 PM

User image

Elite Veteran
Northern Va/Metro D.C.
Subject: post T1 bike transition
as we all know, in a sprint triathlon (if being competitive is your goal as it is mine), every second counts. any advice on the "attached shoes-on-pedal" hop on post T1...spinning and then slipping the feet into the attached shoes as you coast?

i'm def. nervous about that...

2004-02-17 9:29 PM
in reply to: #7871

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: post T1 bike transition
I don't know how much time you will actually save. It doesn't take to long to put the shoes on before you get on the bike. I am, however, practicing the shoe already in start. I am just leaving my shoes on my bike, and my bike on the trainer. I don't feel comfortable doing it on the road yet, but I can see how it works. I have no fear of falling because the trainer holds my bike up.

Try it out and see how it works. Practice lots before the race.
2004-02-17 9:35 PM

, Alabama

It takes a lot of practice.  I keep my shoes on my pedals and practice getting in and out of them every time I use my bike.  I have Diadora shoes with two velcro straps.  I always keep the toe strap closed.  The ankle strap is open, but still in the buckle.  When I get on the bike, I have my feet on top of the bike and spin enough to keep balance.  Then I lean over and grab the ankle strap and pull it up.  This ensures that the strap stays threaded in the buckle, and helps open up the shoe to slide the foot in.  Then I just tighten down the strap and do the same with the other side.  It's kind of hard to describe.  Next time you're in Florida, I'd be glad to show you.

Sharon

Edited by snikpos 2004-02-17 9:35 PM
2004-02-17 10:40 PM

I need to start making some travel plans -- The Cape to see Ellen and Florida for a shoe/pedal demo by Sharon. I'll have to start thinking of triathlons to do out of state!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » post T1 bike transition Rss Feed