General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Endurance Cookbook/Nutrition book Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-01-05 6:18 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2005-02-14 3:13 PM
in reply to: #99355

Champion
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Gold member
Subject: RE: Endurance Cookbook/Nutrition book

Mel - I got an endurance sports nutrition book called, coincidentally enough, "Endurance Sports Nutrition" by Suzanne Eberle.  It's heavy on the nutrition information but doesn't have a ton of recipes (like any?).  But I found it was helpful in learning volumes and types of food...both during training and pre-race.

I'd give this book 3 1/2 out of 5, I'm sure there's something better, but I just don't know what.  And as an aside...if one of these books doesn't exist, you ought to write one...find the nutrition 'expert', you add the recipes...you could get the recipes from BT contributors...just an idea!

2005-03-07 12:55 PM
in reply to: #99355

Canton
Subject: RE: Endurance Cookbook/Nutrition book
"Eat Right to Train Right" by Chris Carmicheal...haven't finished it yet.
I've tried quite a few of the recipes in the back and have enjoyed them all.
I drink the smoothies from those recipes 3-4 times a week throughout my mornings at work and while skiing on the weekends.

The parts that i've read so far give ranges of grams per pound of body weight and percentages for carbs, protein, and fat for each phase of your season. Seems like he uses periodization with nutrition.

I have to finish it and try it some more to get a better opinion on it, but hey, the guy trains Mr Armstrong.

It may just be in my head as I'm new to all of this, but I seem to definitely feel a difference while eating based on his examples than when I'm not.

Edited by madstop 2005-03-07 1:00 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Endurance Cookbook/Nutrition book Rss Feed