General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Salomon XA Pro 3D XCR Trail Running Shoes -- Review Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-13 8:23 PM

User image

Elite
Subject: Salomon XA Pro 3D XCR Trail Running Shoes -- Review

After I returned my North Face shoes, that I had previously reviewed.  I replaced the m with a pair of Salomon XA Pro XCR Trail Running shoes, they were just about as expensive. They were on sale for the REI Anniversary Sale. I had my first run in them today. I wear carbon fiber orthotics on a daily basis. These shoes are narrow. I have fat flat feet. In most shoes I can remove the insoles put my orthotics in and put the insoles back over them. In these my I could not. I have a pair of the black (narrow) SuperFeet, I put those in for arch support.

I did two loops around a lake at a local state park. A total of 3 miles, I am also coming off an injury. The shoes are very light, I experienced no hotspots, and I did not roll my ankle or have any support issues. It was mainly dry out on the trail. I ran through some mud, a lot of rocks and roots. The hills on the loop are not very bad, but the trail is technical. My feet stayed dry.

So far so good. I like them more, better support and GoreTex to keep my feet dry. I am worried that my feet may get hot later on during the summer as it gets really hot out. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Salomon XA Pro 3D XCR Trail Running Shoes -- Review Rss Feed