General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Spring Fling Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-17 1:35 PM

User image

Subject: Spring Fling
Anyone compete in this Triathlon before? I know the bike and run courses are a little hilly. I got this e-mail from the race director:

May 16, 2008

Dear Athletes,

Thank you for participating in The 2008 Spring Fling / Kids Triathlon May 25th

Please see below some important information:

· Sprint will start at 8:00 am – Kids Triathlon will start at 11:00 AM

· Check In: Adult Triathlon Sunday from 6:30 – 7:45 Transition will close at 7:45

· Check In: Kids Triathlon Sunday from 9:30 – 10:30 am – transition will close at 10:4

· Please bring your USAT ID & your PHOTO ID – No ID no Number

· Helmets are required

· Chin Straps must be buckled at all times when on a bicycle. DO NOT Unbuckle your chin strap unless you are off your bicycle.

· No assistance other than that offered by race and medical officals may be used

· All equipment must be placed in the properly designated and individually assigned bike corral (transition). No person shall interfere with another participant’s equipment or impede the progress of another participant. All bar ends must be solidly plugged. No glass in the transition area

· Drafting – keep at least three bike lengths of clear space between you & the cyclist in front.

· Position – When cycling keep on the right hand side unless passing someone

· Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Foul, harsh, argumentative or abusive language or other unsportsmanlike conduct directed at race officials, volunteers, spectators, or fellow athletes is forbidden

· Headphones are not to be carried or worn at any time during the race

This is a snake swim course, no flip turns

**** If anyone would like to volunteer before or during the kids Triathlon please let Claire know ****

Spring Fling Run & Bike Routes

Bike- Leave the front of the school and take a right, take a right at Butterfield Rd and an immediate left onto Shurburn Rd., bear right onto Colburn, take a right at the stop sign at the intersection of Colburn and Lakeview Ave. Follow Lakeview Ave. and take a right at St. Mary Magaldin Church (County Rd.) Follow County Rd. which turns into Willowdale Rd. At the end of willowdale Rd. take a left onto Shurburn Rd. which turns into Varnum Ave. Follow Varnum Ave , take a right onto Old Ferry Rd. At the end of Old Ferry Rd. take a right onto Pawtucket Blvd. and follow to the school.

Run- Leave the front of the school and take a right, take a right onto Butterfield Rd. and a right onto Shurburn Rd. Follow Shurburn Rd. to the back of the school. The finish line is 200’ inside the back entrance.

If you have any questions or concerns, please either email me at [email protected] or call me at 978-902-7584.

Thank you - See you there!
Claire Cloutier, Race Director

2008-05-19 7:33 PM
in reply to: #1408552

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
Subject: RE: Spring Fling

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=106693&posts=9&start=1

this is the thread already going for this race. I have not done this race, but have done the Mill City Tri which uses sections of this course for that tri. I love the race, more for the old school size and style than anything else. The course is a little hilly, but for the most part the roads are in good condition. See you on Sunday

2008-05-20 9:06 PM
in reply to: #1408552

User image

Pro
MA
Subject: RE: Spring Fling

so haw many people are doing this race? 

Looks like I'll be "directing bike traffic" there. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Spring Fling Rss Feed