United States
Set-Up, Inc.
Overcast
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = F30-34
Age Group Rank = 4/28
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 4:40, had a pb&j, some gatorade, and put the air in my tires. Drove down to Culpeper with my husband.
Event warmup:

Ran a little. Also practiced running up the hill to the bike mount in my bike shoes. It was my first time racing with speedplay cleats, i've used spd in the past.
Swim
  • 14m 50s
  • 820 yards
  • 01m 49s / 100 yards
Comments:

Well, the web site said the other day that the water was 70, so I decided to leave the wetsuit at home. Got to the lake race morning and it was FREEZING. Oh well, what can you do. I warmed up eventually.

Swim went well, started in the front of the pack, off to the left. This was on the advice of my husband who does (voluntarily) all my race intelligence for me. It worked! I had a pretty smooth swim and felt great.

Came out of the water and noticed my hubs standing in the transition area. Turns out he ended up volunteering and was reading out numbers of people coming into T1.
Transition 1
  • 01m 50s
Comments:

I was dizzy, so I had to sit down and put my bike shoes on. But other than that, uneventful. I had the 4th fastest T1 in my age group, so go me!
Bike
  • 52m 54s
  • 15 miles
  • 17.01 mile/hr
Comments:

This is a pretty hilly course, but I feel that I did ok. My bike computer decided yesterday to stop giving me info on how fast I'm going. So i didn't have that data to push me.

I let myself get overly aggravated by members of a local tri team drafting..one girl in particular who i would blow by on hills, only to have her pass me on the tail of some big guy moments later. We piggybacked this way for most of the bike leg.
Transition 2
  • 01m 12s
Comments:

I honestly don't remember anything about this. I was ranked 4th in my ag tho, so i must've done something right.
Run
  • 24m 23s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

I get out on the run course and notice that my fave drafter is right behind me. She runs up and gets right in front of me. I go around her. This childishness lasted for a while..until we got to the hills. The hills weren't as bad as I remembered them last year. I definitly need to work on my hills tho.

Best part, with .5 mile left to go, I pass little miss drafts-a-log. I thought I'd dropped her, but coming into the finishing chute, i hear her behind me...i pick it up a bit more and finish before her.

My husband asks me later who the girl running behind me was...he said that she looked like she was working really hard to catch me. She probably was, we were in the same age group.
Post race
Warm down:

Chatted and congratulated a lot of the people I saw on the course.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Letting myself succumb to road rage. I feel like I spent too much time during the run being upset at the drafting girl.

I think overall i did really well. I did this race last august (the culpeper tri), and I did all three sports faster this time around. My final time is 3 minutes faster than last year's. I feel good about that...especially since it's so early in the season.

Last updated: 2008-05-18 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:14:50 | 820 yards | 01m 49s / 100yards
Age Group: 9/28
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit:
Course: follow some bouys
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 70F / 21C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:50
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:52:54 | 15 miles | 17.01 mile/hr
Age Group: 4/28
Wind: Some
Course: This is a pretty hilly course, but I feel like I did pretty well.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:12
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:24:23 | 03.11 miles | 07m 50s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/28
Course: hilly!
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-05-18 12:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Reston, VA
Subject: Little Pepper

2008-05-20 8:12 AM
in reply to: #1409259

User image

Expert
Charlottesville, VA
Subject: RE: Little Pepper
Nice job -- and almost in the money for your AG!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Little Pepper Rss Feed