General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Title 9 Women Only Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2008-09-01 5:34 PM
in reply to: #1410522

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Title 9 Women Only Triathlon

Oh, I forgot to mention my thoughts on the topic of being "experienced" swimmers. Since I've been on BT I've thought that everyone but myself is a pro-triathlete with no fear of anything. But I've come to realize that most of us are the same in that we are athletes (just not pros) and we fear the same things! It's really made me relax a little about being in this tri on Sunday, and although I haven't met anyone from BT yet, I feel so supported for the race. I'm really excited about the whole thing.

2008-09-01 5:44 PM

User image

Beantown

Anyone that need a Wet Suit?

i have a size 10 Neosport wetsuit that was too big for me (up top ) if you think it will fit it's only $120!

http://wetsuitgear.com/neosport-sprint-jane.html

due to timing i kept the 10 and ordered and 8, I'll return the 10 if no one needs it for race day! 

2008-09-02 10:26 AM

Hi Ladies,

So, despite my training issues, I think I am going to turn up on Sunday and give it my best shot.  Any plans for bt-ers to meet up and say hi before the race?  I would love to meet some of you, but I wouldn't know any of you if I saw you! 

2008-09-02 1:38 PM

User image

Just wrote out a whole comment and my comp randomly shut down!!! I'll try again:

How bout we pick a time and spot for anyone who wants to meet up before.  I think it will help my jitters.  Suggestion:

7:15 in front of the vendor tent that's closest to the swim start (furthest to the left when facing water). 

Theres a handy map on the max perf. website with a transition area map and and they've updated the swim and run map on it.  http://www.maxperformanceonline.com/title9race.html    WARNING: The run leg actually changed a bit...good to know!! Lemme know what you think!!!!

PS.  Moondirt: I'll be wearing bright pink shorts and hopefully a smile!!!  Avg ht, avg size short pulled back hair.  Can't wait to meet ya!

Edited by LITTLEWING21 2008-09-02 1:49 PM
2008-09-02 2:06 PM

User image

Beantown

I did the 'new' run over the weekend and it didn't feel different 'effort-wise' so if anyone did the run before don't be worried!

location sounds good, T!

For anyone that doesn't know me... I'll be the 36 yr old that looks like she had a bad face-lift - when I'm stressed my face gets very stretched back, eyebrows too high, smile too wide, etc -  its happening already!!

ok - deeeep breath Embarassed

2008-09-02 3:31 PM

Aha, it looks like they added a little look to make it a full 5K, the former route was just under.  7:15 at the nearest vendor tent to the swim start sounds good...if they have it set up as the season opener was, that will be where the snacks and drinks are anyway.    I have no idea what I'll be wearing, but I am about 5'6" with mid-length blonde hair, and I will probably look like I haven't slept enough. 

Rebecca 

2008-09-02 3:43 PM

User image

Quick question about what people are doing for training this week.  I want to take it easy but I don't want to regress.  Running? Biking? swimming?

Sounds like a great place T!

2008-09-02 3:53 PM

User image

Beantown

Definitely take it easy - the BT training program I'm on has me biking 46m, running 14m and swimming 23m this week! and that's IT!

Nothing Fri or Sat. 

Drink a lot of h20 and stretch this week was the recommendation from a Pan-Mass friend. I did a HOT yoga this am and it was great!!  I'll probably sneak another yoga session in late this week.

Lastly, early to bed every nite and like MAV warned me - NO ALCOHOL (my BF knows he better show-up sunday with beer though!)

2008-09-02 4:46 PM

Uxbridge
ARE YOU READY????...of course you are...nothing to gained by training hard this week...but like Lisa said ...no alcohol!!! I'll try to find a picnic area near transition and post a BT WOMEN sign so we can all meet up in person and sit around chat eat... The awards ceremony is fun and they raffle prizes throughout the awards...For all the winners! REMEMBER nothing new on race day..no new sneakers or goggles or anything you haven't trained with, stick with what you are used to... MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN!!!!
2008-09-02 10:42 PM

User image

New user

I'll definately be at the 7:15 pre-race meet-up. I'll be i a gray and pink tri suit, but probobly have a blue GT sweatshirt on if it's chilly. I'll be with Sasha so I know I won't get lost =P

2008-09-03 8:34 AM

User image

Looking forward to seeing those I know and meeting those I don't on Sunday! Have a great last week of prep... as for me, I'm kind of enjoying taking my workouts easy and slow and having the excuse to just relax and mentally prepare!

2008-09-03 9:14 AM

User image

I just had a dream (more like nightmare!) last night that I forgot to pick up the race packet  and they wouldn't let me do the tirathlon!!! Hahaha Me, nervous?  No not at all! lol

I've been taking it VERY easy this week since I had that knot in my hammie.  I'm back to feeling nice and loosey goosey so I'm goin to do a mini mini brick just to practice transitioning.  I feel like I may be resting too much...but then again it worked for me when I did the practice run.  If it's not broke, don't fix it right? lol

See y'all sooN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2008-09-03 1:07 PM

User image

I'm taking it pretty easy this week, mainly because I had a nice active weekend and while I was hiking up a really rocky trail, I saw my foot going in every single hole.  All that money, time and effort that has gone into training and that feeling of crossing that finishline and truly becoming a triathlete.... I couldn't imagine all three of my races planned for September jeopardized by a hike on vacation.  So needless to say, I turned around. 

Stretching is key, thanks for reminding me.  By the way, i have this great yoga video called "Yoga for Athletes" by Giam hosted by Rodney Yee.  It is fantastic because you can do your workouts for either strength or flexibility.  And you can also do mini workouts for specific sports.  I definitely recommend it to anyone interested in a good yoga program at home.

Anyone going to the pre-race meeting tonight? Niki and I will be there!

2008-09-03 6:37 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2008-09-03 8:33 PM
in reply to: #1647537

Oh def w/the racing stripes!!!! Hahahaha

How was the prerace mtg?  Any good info I should know?

2008-09-03 8:46 PM

Beantown

The race meeting was time well spent however - i really didn't learn anything new.  We have such a WEALTH of knowledge at our fingertips on this site! 

Newbie BT-ers will all finish strong and confident!!

(the 20% off at the store was cool though Laughing)

2008-09-04 6:28 AM
in reply to: #1647887

Discount= SWEET!  hehe

I think there's a bbq after ($-->charity) so we may not have to byof.  I'm getting sooooo excited!!  I'm not quite as nervous anymore yay!!!  Although this whole weather situation is a lil worrisome.  Trying to look on the bright side-literally! lol

2008-09-04 9:42 AM

I had a horrible time sleeping last night....wondering if I am really up for this race.  I trained so hard for so long, but 6 weeks with practically nothing, and I'm worried I'm going to drown on the swim, crash on the bike, and pass out on the run.    I don't think I can even find time for a quick ride or swim before the weekend to reassure myself, and my husband refuses to answer the question of if I should get a babysitter to help him out watching the kids during the race....I think I'm just going to do that.  I need to do this race.....
2008-09-04 11:47 AM

moondirt, just breathe. You'll be fine! Remember, you can swim from kayak to kayak and you won't be disqualified, you can ride slow, and you can walk part of the run. It's ok!!! As long as you finish, you'll be fine. If you really don't feel confident then trust your gut, but if you have been training hard then you'll be fine. I'm scared out of my mind but I know I can do it. And as for the kids/your husband? Let him worry about them, you don't need that added stress. See you on Sunday!

Edited by acvaut 2008-09-04 11:48 AM
2008-09-04 12:07 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2008-09-04 1:03 PM
in reply to: #1649428

Moondirt: I totally agree with Sasha....Go for it and try your hardest!  If you really really feel "unsafe" then I'd back out.  But you're probably underestimating yourself!!!  As for your hubby, gimme his # I'd like to give him a talkin to! lol j/k  My guess is that you don't ask for too much, let this day be yours!!!  You deserve it!

Shannon:  Sorry to hear bout the cold and all.  Ragweed is AWFUL right now, I could totally feel it on my run yesterday.  Throat scratchy this mornin..but I'm staying optimistic.  Hope your hammie loosens up.  Don't let the massage therapist go too crazy with it....ya don't wanna be bruised up for Sunday!  Make sure ya ease into each stretch..push just a teeny bit further each time.  I'm guessing the hammie's pretty touchy right now, so you don't want rebound tightness. 

Good luck w/everything both of you!

2008-09-04 6:01 PM

Just tried out the wetsuit today and I'm loving it!!!  But the big fish were getting a little too friendly so i got out.  haha I'm such a chicken. 

After we received our last email today, I emailed Tim because I realized that i might have registered for three different groups... Age, Athena and Newbie.  (Right there that would be a red flag that I'm definitely a Newbie, I didn't know you could only register for one.)  Anyway, i think I might be an Athena... He only responded saying that everything is set with the timing company and they can't change anything.  YIKES!  This means I'll be swimming the first wave with the Elites.  Oh well, I'll only know for sure where I am when I pick up my packet.

Edited by acvaut 2008-09-04 6:16 PM
2008-09-04 7:58 PM

New user

Sasha, I think one of the emails you forwarded me once upon a time said you were signed up as a Newbie....which means we'll be in the same wave. I almost WISH I was starting with the Elite because then I get the water to myself (because everyone will be blowing past me!). I guess there's a plus side to everything =P

I'm not real nervous about the race right now. I'm not sure why. I feel like I should be. I'm going no wetsuit (because mine's not in yet) and just trying to do my best to plan so I'm comfortable before, during and after the race. I'm sure I'll be terrified the day of the race. How early is everyone getting there? I want to set my bike and stuff up, get my race packet, get a warm-up swim and very light jog in and be ready. Can we show up at 4am? =P

So far I'm in the clear for not having to work that night, but that could change on Sunday while I'm racing. I guess I'll find out then -- it'll be a suprise! But I hope I'm not working so I can celebrate!

2008-09-05 8:41 AM

My only thoughts for nerves, feeling crappy, and under-prepared is that we can only do what we can do. As other folks have been putting out there, just go out and do what you can. Do your best- it doesn't matter what you THOUGHT you could do (when you were feeling super and training everyday, etc) right now it just matters what you actually CAN do. Don't compare yourself to anything or anyone beyond where you are at that moment. Just race the best you can and enjoy the day! This is not a one shot deal... And that, ladies, is my outpouring of cheesy philosophy for the day Smile

Avacut- I was procastinating at work and poking around on people's workout logs- I climbed Mt. Mansfield a year or so ago! It was a really good hike but I was so mad at the end when there were all these people who had driven up... I'm going to hike Katahdin next weekend.

It seems that I will be in the first wave with the elites, etc. I am nervous about that- but hoping it will push me... just hope I don't get left too far in the dust! See ya'll Sunday.

2008-09-05 9:34 AM

Niki - No worries about the wetsuit.  The fish were a little friendly yesterday so i didn't get too much of a swim in.  (Not to mention that this strange gunky run-off from a blueberry bog was floating around.  I tested it for the water running in and the breathing which were fine in both suits.  If the weather is so bad that I can't get in the water again before the race, then I'll try it on Sunday pre-race and see if I'm still ok.  If not, I know I can do it without the suit.

Sox - remember how you told me about your little emotional breakdown on Wednesday? well.... I just had my own mini moment.  I was reading all of the emails from my family and how excited and proud of me they are.  I'm not so worried about the race (except that I just haven't had to do all three sports with so many people) but I'm just really antsy to officially become a triathlete.  I'm so excited to join that group of strong women triathletes.

Svea - we drove to the base and took the gondola up... wish we had hiked but we got out there a little later than expected.  There was actually a cycling competition on the toll road (I don't know how they could do one steady climb on mountain bikes!).  We got to the top, did the trail up to the summit and back (well I turned around at the crazy rock spot) but in October we have plans to hike the complete mountain and I'll get over that rock.  I'm impressed that you hiked the whole mountain!

See you guys Sunday!  And Niki, I won't let you drag me there at 4am... maybe 5. :-)

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Title 9 Women Only Triathlon Rss Feed  

of 6