General Discussion Triathlon Talk » first IM in Europe. Which one to choose? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2008-06-28 8:04 PM
in reply to: #1417466

User image

Veteran
Dublin, Ireland
Subject: RE: first IM in Europe. Which one to choose?

Hi ironrose,

I am doing Austria in 2 weeks.  Can you send me on any info or race reports on the cycle.  I know they changed the course 2-3 years ago so its tough finding reports on the net.

Any advice is welcome too. 

Thanks from a nervous Simon!

2008-06-29 5:33 PM

Hi Simon,

I am am member of a group known as the pirates, basically a large group of people who descend on an IM and enjoy them selves, they are grouped from 10 hour finishers right down to the fireworks crowd but the aim is to support and enjoy.

The link below is basically 20 + race reports from the 2007 expedition and covers as much info as you are going to need, apart from it being a fast, fast course with 2 laps and a noticeable climb on each lap you could pick something up from here you might miss elsewhere as these guys cover the whole spectrum

http://www.pirateshipoffools.co.uk/reports/reportaustria2007.htm

I hope this helps.
2008-06-30 7:07 AM

User image

Veteran
Dublin, Ireland

Exactly what i needed. Thanks so so much.  I'll let you know how i go.

Simon

2008-07-27 4:22 PM

New user

Thanks for all the good comments! I decided and I'm in for IM Switzerland in 2009! Swiss people are good organisers and the course seems beautiful. Now comes the biggest task: training to achieve the finishing line and hopefully with a tiny little bit off energy left so I can enjoy a bit the course and the atmosfere!
2008-07-30 2:42 AM

Tzunami, the pirates have deciced that Switzerland is their location for next year and there will be over 75 competing in the distinctive yellow and black skull and crossbones racing kit. If you fancy some banter, help with training, moral and physical support pop over to the UK runners world site and introduce yourself.

A lot of them use this site for the beginner programmes and are very positive about the detail and assistance with training plans but tend to post on another site, but be wary, the enthusiasm and encouragement can be addictive.

Don't think we have any belgian members (if I got that right) but all are welcome.

IronRose.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » first IM in Europe. Which one to choose? Rss Feed  

of 2